Organization: Population Services International
Closing date: 26 Feb 2017
Job title Director, Financial Management and Operations
Based in Kampala, Uganda
Reports to the Deputy Chief of Party
* This position is contingent on funding
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI). We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are looking for dynamic candidates with leadership and financial management experiance for the position of Director, Financial Management and Operations for an anticipated USAID-funded project meant to increase availability and access to equitable quality family planning services. This activity will be USAID/Uganda’s flagship mechanism for providing assistance to Uganda to reach its national family planning goals of reducing unmet need for and increasing use of modern contraception.
The Director, Financial Management and Operations, working under direct supervision of the Chief of Party will be responsible for providing leadership, technical support, supervision, and guidance to the overall financial management and operations of the project, ensuring highest level of compliance and financial accountability. With an eye towards efficiency, S/he will continuously seek to streamline processes and identify opportunities to add value to a culture of high performance. S/he is the custodian of accounting and financial process to ensure compliance with donor and PSI global standards, and that the processes are enabling the implementing teams to achieve program targets.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Financial reporting: Initiate, develop and monitor implementation of financial reporting guidelines for decision making in line with donor regulations, PSI global standards and local law;
- Develop and implement an overall internal controls framework for monitoring the efficient and effective utilization of funds and all project assets in line with the Assets Management Policies and PSI Finance Manual;
- Budgeting: Initiate and monitor the preparation of Annual Operating and program budgets in accordance with Donor requirements and PSI Finance Manual;
- Audit and Compliance
- Manage all internal and external audits, including the provision of audit samples and preparation of management comments on audit reports
- Follow up on action plans to ensure remediation of audit findings
- In collaboration with PSI legal counsel, minimize legal risks to the organization and address any legal issues that arise
- Ensure timely submission of statutory financial reports including tax returns
- Ensure that accounting operations and financial reporting comply with PSI global finance policy, funder regulations, and local law.
- Review and approve payments (Over 5 Million) for completeness and accuracy as per the PSI Finance Manual;
- Initiate, develop and document financial and administration policies and guidelines for monitoring the implementation of the programs and activities in accordance to PSI Finance Manual;
- Capacity Building: Coach and mentor the finance team to build skills and achieve peak capacity and support capacity building in non-finance staff and sub awardees;
What are we looking for?
The minimum requirements for this position are as follows:
- A Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field;
- Full CPA/ ACCA Professional Completion
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in administrative and financial management in financial management position for an international development assistance programs with atleast 4 years experience working at senior management levels;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements; and
- Experience in managing donor funded procurements and subcontracts/grants.
Note: A Masters Degree is not required, but preferred.
What would get us excited?
- Drive change and innovations: Act with urgency for continuous improvement and with a bias towards action; promote development of breakthrough solutions; embrace and advocate innovations that improve results; aggressively promotes the need for breakthrough improvements.
- Develop others: Give people challenging assignments to develop their capabilities; provide timely coaching, instruction and feedback, create an environment where failure is seen as an opportunity to learn. Coaches others and helps them develop their knowledge and skills; give people authority to make decisions
- Understand Donor and Development Perspective: See PSI from the donor point of view; understand the market forces that impact PSI; understand current donor strategy and where it is likely to lead in the future. invests time to understand the donor’s priorities, procedures, and systems; Knows donor strategic plans and how they will impact PSI
- Communicate and Share Information: Share information people need to make decisions or avoid problems; keep people informed about all issues that may affect them; Communicates clearly, concisely and to the point; Keeps people informed on a timely basis of change, key events and decisions that may affect them
- Acting with Long Term Perspective: Take actions today to build a strong foundation for future success, identify and take advantage of emerging opportunities, keep PSI’s long-term goals in mind when addressing short-term issues and problems.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb