Organization: Start Network
Closing date: 20 Jan 2017
On behalf of the Transforming Surge Capacity Project, we are looking to recruit a consultant to help us with an exciting piece of research looking at how INGOs can better collaborate with the UN to deliver effective surge capacity (particularly at head-quarter levels).
A ToR for the consultancy, which outlines application details can be accessed here – https://start-network.box.com/s/t2z4cj4aeovnxurhefplc09e2xm4s22u. The deadline for applications is 20th January2017.
To give you a little more background/context on what we are doing:
· The Transforming Surge Capacity project aims to improve the capacity of humanitarian organisations to scale up resources for emergency response – piloting and building evidence on ways of working for surge that are collaborative and locally focused. The project is delivered through platforms at national, regional and international levels which engage with a range of different stakeholders involved in humanitarian response.
· The project’s baseline report, completed in 2015, highlighted that less than half of the project’s consortium members collaborate with the UN at global levels on surge. Given the enormous and critical role the UN plays in humanitarian response, our project plan’s to use this research piece to better understand how agencies can strengthen and build-on the collaborations with the UN to support the scaling up of responses.
· The research piece will start in February and must be completed by the end of April 2017.
How to apply:
Applications details in the ToR.
In order to apply for this consultancy please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- An up to date CV
- A cover letter
- A proposal, including a proposed budget.
- Please provide details of two professional references from organisations you have done similar work for. We may contact the referee as part of the application process.
- Links to pieces of published research will be helpful.
- Cleary note in the subject line “Consultancy Proposal – Collaboration in Surge”
All submissions must be received on or before 12.00 GMT on Friday 20th January 2017
Read more here:: ReliefWeb