Organization: International NGO Safety Organisation
Country: United Arab Emirates
Closing date: 31 Jan 2017
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognised charity and a highly valued component in the humanitarian safety coordination system. With operations in 11 countries, INSO has revolutionized the humanitarian safety coordination sector by introducing a robust and high quality field safety platform model that has been deployed in some of the world’s most high-risk settings.
The strong focus on humanitarian principles and exclusive NGO-only membership criteria have meant that INSO is now accepted as a standard component of modern humanitarian response offering independent frontline reporting and coordination services that save lives, strengthen operational practice and enable humanitarian access
Today the organisation provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs in eleven of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
We support a community of humanitarian professionals by gathering information, providing vital coordination, and presenting advice to those who need it most, enabling its members and those of the wider humanitarian community to better understand the environment in which they operate. INSO directly assists humanitarians to reach further and provide sustainable life-saving aid in situations that are often complex and occasionally dangerous.
As we continue to grow in organisational size and complexity, we are seeking a qualified and experienced HR professional with fluency in both French and English to join our Operations Support Office (OSO) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates as a HR Manager with occasional travels to our country offices.
This is a very exciting opportunity to help build a global humanitarian initiative from the ground and will suit highly motivated HR professional driven by creativity and looking into specializing in recruitment.
The HR Manager will be responsible for selection and on-boarding top talent for mid to senior level international positions within the organisation, as well as providing guidance and back-up support to Country Offices in selection and on-boarding of national staff as need may arise.
S/he will initiate and implement recruitment strategies to increase our talent pool and pipelines in the 11 countries we operate in. He/she will provide input to ensure that we have relevant skills at all levels and to attract and retain talented candidates while responding to the changing needs of the organisation.
S/he will implement industry “best practices” that ensure the timely selection of skilled staff and recruit in support of our organisational culture, while contributing to our position as an employer of choice.
The ideal candidate will share our view that ‘your job is a reflection of who you are’ and will be experienced in aligning applicant and organisational strategic objectives and core values.
S/he will have experience in NGO recruitment and will be a real ‘people person’ looking to get involved in rewarding work alongside like-minded colleagues in a friendly and creative environment.
The position will report to Director of Human Resources.
- In coordination with the Director of Human Resources, oversee recruitment efforts for mid-senior level international positions and work closely with senior/executive leadership as well as the country office leadership/team.
- Establish, develop and implement recruitment strategies to maintain a candidate pool and pipelines of former employees and pre-screened applicant in support of international recruitment within the organization
- In collaboration with unit/departmental heads, assist in promoting INSO as an employer of choice by attending technical events and conferences, leveraging social media, job boards and career fairs as appropriate.
- Partner with Director of Human Resources and Country Office leadership in workforce planning to determine future recruitment needs within the organization
- Provide technical assistance and advice to Country Office on recruitment best practices
- Work closely with Director of Human Resources to find creative solutions to day to day recruiting challenges and ensure timeliness and efficiency throughout the recruitment process.
- Oversee development and implementation of standardised Recruitment Procedures at all levels (national and international)
- Lead the development and updating of standardised Job Descriptions and TOR for all staff positions
- Develop innovative sourcing solutions and strategies to identify, attract and retain the targeted employee profile
- Execute full lifecycle talent acquisition activities for assigned positions including but not limited to:
- Develop and post vacancy announcements
- Respond to vacancy queries
- Screen applications for required criteria and develop shortlists for interview
- Coordinate communications with candidates (application materials, written test, writing samples, etc.)
- Conduct reference checks, prepare offers of employment, contract of employment and other new hire documents
- Prepare and maintain recruitment audit files
- Track and identify cutting edge trends and best practices in global recruitment practices.
- Coordinate with heads of unit/department/country offices on employee deployment, onboarding and training
- Oversee exit/change management procedures to ensure positive transition for departing/transferring employees including re-deployments and exit interviews
- Assist in the further improvement of recruitment regulations and procedures and identify gaps
- Coordinate regular employee surveys to develop key Indicators (satisfaction, performance, etc.)
- Contribute recruitment data and news to the Employee Portal and HR newsletter to improve organisation-wide communications and visibility.
- Establish and maintain a principled, transparent, communicative and creative recruitment atmosphere.
- Provide back-up support to other country offices as deemed necessary and other related duties as assigned from time to time by the Director of Human Resources.
- Hold fort for the Director of Human Resources in their absence.
- Fluency in French and English are a must have
- Graduate (BA/BS) level of education in HR, social sciences, international development, etc.
- At least 2 years recruiting international staff within the NGO sector
- A demonstrable understanding of the specific criteria/characteristics required in NGO recruiting
- Extensive experience of conducting phone, skype or in person interviews with NGO job applicants
- Demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to, humanitarian principles and ethics
- Ability to travel occasionally to any INSO field site (insecure locations)
- Post-graduate level of education in HR, social sciences, international development, etc.
- SHRM or equivalent accredited member
- Any specialized qualification in HR
- Existing knowledge of INSO and its mission
- Existing recruitment professional and social media networks
- Knowledge of donor regulations (USAID, etc.) for hiring personnel
- Mature, outgoing and pro-active personality with advanced ‘people skills’
Terms & Conditions: Based in Dubai, UAE / Unaccompanied / Basic €4,500 pm / Housing €1,500 pm / Full Residency Visa / Global & Local Medical Insurance / AD&D Life Insurance / 2 days paid leave pm / No school costs / No Pension. not applicable if already UAE resident
How to apply:
Interested candidates with fluency in French and English are requested to the send the following to: email@example.com and use the words “HR Manager” as a reference on the subject line of your email.
- Cover letter expressing your motivation, addressing the mandatory skills and competencies and highlighting any preferred skills/competencies.
- Up to date CV (maximum 5 pages)
Please do not attach any other documents – such as copies of your passport or educational/professional certificates. Keep the overall size of your application under 3MB. Please note we will only short listed and contact applicants with fluency in French and English .
Read more here:: ReliefWeb