Organization: Internews Network
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
The Accounting Clerk – Accounts Payable performs Accounts Payable function including processes transactions in the accounting system and maintains accounts payable files for vendors. He / She is the primary point of contact for questions and assistance regarding entry and payment of invoices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Subject matter expert on Agresso Vendor Master File and accounts payable, providing support to other Internews staff also entering invoices.
- Prepares and enters multi-currency invoices for all payment methods (wire, ACH, check, etc), including review for proper coding and approvals.
- Reviews and researches open payables to resolve outstanding issues prior to payment.
- Processes recurring remittances according to corporate schedule, including payment of invoices entered by others.
- Processes expedited payments including manual check requests and wires.
- Provides payment confirmations to appropriate parties as necessary.
- Processes Petty Cash requests and maintains petty cash ledger.
- Maintains A/P vendor master records in accounting system.
- Organizes and maintains A/P files.
- Assist in preparation and processing of 1099’s
- Assist in bank reconciliations
- Assists in reconciling balance sheet accounts and creating schedules.
- Administers corporate credit cards. Processing posted payments and maintaining authority levels.
- Cross trained as backup staff to other department functions, including PSC payment processing and expense reimbursements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with computers and computer software including spreadsheets, word processors, e-mail, and accounting systems
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our Career Center.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb