Organization: Crown Agents USA
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 13 Mar 2017
Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Business Development Coordinator/Specialist in our Washington DC Office. Title and job level is dependent on incumbent’s experience.
We are change agents for greater global prosperity.
Crown Agents USA delivers practical innovations in economic governance and trade; humanitarian solutions and food security, health systems, monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and, supply chain as a partner of the US Government.
As a subsidiary of Crown Agents Limited, we leverage the expertise, resources, and network amassed from over 180 years of international development experience. Crown Agents works in 100+ countries, with on-the-ground presence in more than 35 and 13 permanent corporate offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are wholly owned by a nonprofit foundation, allowing us to combine corporate agility with a commitment to reinvesting our profits in transforming lives.
Located in Washington, DC and incorporated in 1998, Crown Agents USA provides technical assistance and support to clients such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Department of State (DoS), and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).
In 2012, Weidemann Associates, a small business with monitoring and evaluation expertise and a track record of successfully serving USAID and other donor agencies for 28 years, became part of the Crown Agents USA family. The Crown Agents family also includes Greenshields Cowie (GSC), a subsidiary which specializes in delivering goods and commodities in challenging environments, particularly in the immediate aftermath of natural disasters and conflict, where fractured systems are the most threatening to supply-chain performance. As an industry leader in final mile logistics, GSC’s core business over the last 10 years has been movement of goods into Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
Role & Responsibilities
The Business Development Coordinator/Specialist will support successful proposal development and strategic planning activities. The Business Development Specialist will support the marketing and sales capability within CA-USA to strategically position CA-USA as a major competitor in the marketplace; and to effectively promote Crown Agents’ portfolio of services and products.
· Serve as Proposal Coordinator for certain opportunities. Responsibilities as coordinator include: the development of the proposal calendar, ensuring deadlines are met, drafting some sections of the proposal (e.g., personnel, corporate capability information, past performance), coordinating relationship with partners (gathering inputs, supporting the teaming agreement process, etc.); and ensuring the timely submission of high quality and compliant proposals;
· Produce and submit final proposals (copy edit, formatting, and printing/assembling);
· Help ensure that all internal processes are adhered to and successfully completed;
· In collaboration with the BD Manager, responsible for managing the overall CA-USA pipeline tracker; and
· With support from BD and Practice Area team members, help ensure that information in CRM is kept up to date and new CA-USA opportunities are added to the system.
· Monitor donor websites to identify new opportunities;
· Support research efforts to gather background information for major proposal efforts, including the preparation of competitor and partner analyses;
· Help prepare competitor analyses, using web searches, social media listening, and competitive intelligence systems;
· Support upstream opportunity efforts, including conducting relevant research about long-term opportunities and our clients; and
· Keep informed of changes, trends, and implications for CA-USA’s business interests.
PR & Communications
· Support the development and implementation of a CA-USA Digital Engagement strategy;
· Support the development and management of content for the CA-USA website;
· Support the development and production of promotional literature/materials;
· Represent CA-USA at relevant events and ensure that information gathered is shared with the BD team and relevant Crown Agents colleagues; and
· As required, work with the Senior Manager of Strategic Communications and Donor Relations (and BD Manager) on other PR & Communications efforts/projects.
· Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Business, English, or a related field required;
· For Coordinator: Minimum of one year of related professional work experience and an interest in international development;
· For Specialist: Minimum of two years of related professional work experience including demonstrated experience coordinating proposals for USAID-funded projects;
· Great attention to detail;
· Proven, strong writing and editing skills and strong verbal communication skills in English.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing environment;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel and Adobe Acrobat a must; Proficiency in Microsoft Publisher, Visio, and Creative Suite a plus;
· Microsoft Client Relationship Management (CRM) or similar software knowledge preferred;
· Related work experience in business development with an international company preferred;
· Knowledge of USAID, MCC, World Bank, Department of State, and/or private donors preferred;
· Demonstrated research skills including prior experience researching internet sites and databases to gather competitive intelligence to aid in the proposal process preferred;
· Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being pro-active and committed to change, which is inherent in this position;
· Fluency in English is required; bilingual ability is preferred; and
· Legal ability to work in the United States is required.
No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb