Country: United States of America
Closing date: 21 Jan 2017
Vecna Cares, a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide information and technology solutions to create measureable impacts that help people in low resource settings live healthier and better lives, seeks an experienced and energetic Director of Business Development. The position will lead business development efforts as Vecna Cares continues to grow, and will have the responsibility of opening new funding channels and forging additional partnerships. Our team is developing low-cost and easy-to-use technologies that close the information gaps between patients, caregivers and health systems wherever it is needed. Our flagship product, the Clinical Patient Administration Kit (CliniPAK™), plays a key role in forwarding our global health and primary care initiatives and serving tens of thousands of patients in disaster and humanitarian relief efforts. This is a full-time, salaried role. Be part of a small team that is having tremendous impact around the world.
- Lead the development and execution of Vecna Cares’ strategic business development plan.
- Build industry awareness in information management and develop professional relationships with global health partners.
- Develop standard operating procedures around all phases of business development from initial contact through hand off to the project team.
- Develop and track grant opportunities for foundation, government, and corporate fundraising.
- Lead and be accountable for grant and proposal writing from concept to submission, including: writing; coordination of technical sections; leading the costing and contracting process; and engaging team members in project scoping and proposal writing as necessary.
- Fundraising event planning and management.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Develop and maintain relationships in order to secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Manage and oversee opportunity data entry, tracking and gift processing (Salesforce).
- Select and manage presence at industry conferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business development. At least 2 years in non-profit business development.
- Comfort working with and selling technology solutions.
- Successful grant writing experience. Writing sample will be requested.
- Familiarity with the following industries: Global Health, Humanitarian Aid, and International Development.
- Demonstrated understanding of and familiarity with initiatives and donors for each of the above industries.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, and willingness to help design and train staff on a customized Salesforce set up, with support from Salesforce trainers.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the strong desire to be an essential part of a growing organization.
- Desire to be an integral part of a lean, fast-paced team.
- Cambridge, MA
How to apply:
Please apply online:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb