Organization: Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 17 Feb 2017
Primary Purpose of Position:
HIAS seeks a Major Gifts Officer/ Director to be responsible for planning, coordinating, designing and implementing strategies for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals making $1000+ gifts to HIAS. S/he works directly with the Vice President for External Affairs, board members, the development team and senior management, and is responsible for meeting an annual revenue target by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects to advance the mission of the organization.
• Sets annual $1000+ giving goals with the VP of External Affairs and identifies opportunities and strategies for achieving new and increased gifts.
• Conducts a significant number of qualified contacts per month with donors or prospects to strengthen donor relationships for long term support.
• Works collaboratively with the development and program teams to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect.
• Develops and executes ongoing strategies for qualifying prospects and moving them to donor status using tools such as small cultivation events, community networking and one-on-one meetings.
• Assists in other development, communication and external affairs projects, as assigned.
• Maintains ongoing familiarity of specific opportunities within US and international OECD/DAC donors and UN organizations that align with HIAS’ priorities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Undergraduate degree required; Graduate degree in Communications, English or another relevant field preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in proposal development, and grant writing.
• Experience in researching and identifying major new funding prospects; progressive experience in successful development programs.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, ability to prioritize, manage time efficiently and remain flexible.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in fundraising principles and methodologies.
• Knowledge of the Jewish community and international refugee issues; strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, fundraising databases and prospect research tools; ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability while being a team player.
• Willingness to travel and ability to attend functions/activities outside of normal work hours.
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working in 14 countries across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
HIAS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND COMPLIES WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL EMPLOYMENT LAWS.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our website, http://www.hias.org/career-and-internship-opportunities.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb