Organization: FHI 360
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 05 Feb 2017
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Manager, Cost and Pricing
Manages activities within the Cost & Pricing function. Oversees the completion of all cost requirements identified in the Request for Proposals (RFP’s) or Request for Applications (RFA’s). Assists with historical cost data reporting, investigation of cost structures, pricing of new services or products, and preparation of budget versus actual expense reports. Ensures that costs are allocated according to established accounting procedures. Assists with the design and development of procedures and policies for the cost accounting systems. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
• Provides strategic leadership to the cost & pricing staff in a local, regional or HQ office. Works with multiple country finance departments and on bids and proposals owned by other departments.
• Assigns and reviews the work of the cost & pricing department, while providing guidance to staff.
• Develops, monitors and updates the departmental budget.
• Engages in the more critical and confidential aspects of the RFP / RFA process. Provides final decision making on projects and problems that may cross functional boundaries.
• Develops policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. to provide information to management to make business decisions.
• Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal and / or external effect.
• Keeps abreast with the latest trends in financial aspects of cost & pricing; mentors staff on key tasks.
• Oversees development of compliant and competitive proposals. Develops cost strategies and budget models to respond to specific requirements of RFP/A’s.
• Performs complex, sensitive and controversial cost/price analysis assignments covering a full range of pricing functions and negotiations of cost/price on contracts for the procurement of major systems and sub-systems.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Related Field.
• Minimum of 5-8 years related work experience in budgeting and financial management.
• Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
• Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
• Experience working in a Non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb