Organization: Management Systems International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 01 Mar 2017
Office Manager and USAID Liasons, Mozambique Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanisms and Services (MMEMS), Mozambique
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: **
The Mozambique Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanism and Services (MMEMS) project provides on-the-ground support on performance monitoring, data verification, impact evaluation, output, and environmental compliance of USAID/Mozambique activities. The MMEMS main office will be based in Maputo; field offices will be based in Quelimane and Nampula.
**Please note: Only Mozambique citizens are eligible for this position.
MSI is looking to fill two Office Manager and USAID Liaison positions; one will work in Quelimane and the other will work in Nampula, Mozambique. Both will report to the Deputy Chief of Party based in Nampula and will work closely with MMEMS staff to ensure efficient management and implementation of the MMEMS project.
The Office Manager and USAID Liaisons will be responsible for:
- Perform data entry as needed and maintain files and databases for project implementation and records, filing in both hard and electronic copies.
- Photocopy, collate and file documents as required
- Perform other administrative and clerical duties as needed
- Assist with the organization and filing of information and supporting documents pertaining to the implementation of the project, as requested
- Arrange hotel reservations and transportation for project activity teams, as well as managing project driver(s).
- Assist with the procurement of office supplies and materials (e.g. for workshops) and ensure an adequate supply of office materials (paper, toner, stationary, cleaning substances, toiletries, etc.) and office communications (phone cards, etc.).
- Ensure confidentiality of all staff personal information
- Assist with optimal functioning of IT systems and equipment.
- Take the lead in arranging for and receiving USAID and accompanying visitors at the Quelimane office
- Coordinate and arrange office space, internet connectivity, access to printing for electronic documents, photocopying, and related office support for all USAID and accompanying visitors
- Perform other USAID support and liaison activities as assigned by the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party, and the Director of Finance and Administration
- Monitor daily security of facility performing checks on visitors and their location assignment in office areas
- Screen and monitor individuals entering and leaving the reception and immediately report any suspicious behavior
Period of Performance:
The project period of performance will be five years. Staff contracts are subject to renewal on a yearly basis.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in HR and administrative management in Mozambique
- Bachelor Degree in HR, Business Administration, or related field.
- High degree of maturity and ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and vendors; strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Experience managing staff in multiple locations
- Experience with USAID-funded project preferred
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required
- Experience in the usage of MS Office package (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Ability to travel to regions outside of area of assignment on occasion
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb