Organization: Internews Network
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 24 Feb 2017
Under the supervision of the Regional Program Accounting manager, this position is responsible for providing accounting and compliance support to local field offices, including training, transactional review and oversight functions. Basic tasks include the review of accounting documents, multiple monthly account reconciliations, and general reporting functions. In addition this position may support a wide range of other duties within the Finance and Accounting Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Reviews field finance reports, vouchers and supporting documentation, bank reconciliations, and other financial data received from field operations.
- Prepares and/or review entries for posting in Accounting system.
- Trains and supports field office accountants in accounting procedures, Internews policies and procedures and funder financial rules and regulations.
- Provides ERP support to field offices, including new employee training, continued learning, and troubleshooting.
- Provide support for audits by reviewing schedules, providing documentation and on-site representation in the field offices.
- Supports Field office setup and close out of projects and offices.
- Communicates closely with field office finance, human resources and administrative staff, and provides support and training as needed.
- Supports the Manager, Regional Program Accounting, other Regional Program Accountants, and performs Accounting duties as assigned.
- Responsible for correct, complete, and timely transmittal of accounting data from field office accountants to head quarters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Solid experience of progressively complex accounting experience.
- Professional fluency in both Spanish and English including the ability to effectively conduct formal trainings and informal conversations.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments.
- Proven ability of staff capacity building in field offices on accounting policies and procedures.
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability and willingness to travel, up to 20% from base, to international locations, including challenging or remote locations.
- Relevant university degree.
- Accounting Certification or advanced degree (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CA, CMA, MBA etc).
- Experience working with international donors in particular UN, US government and European donors.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Familiarity with Unit 4 Agresso accounting software.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our Career Center.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb