Organization: Management Systems International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 03 Feb 2017
Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist,
Performance Evaluation of the Women’s Leadership Portfolio,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is the lead implementer of USAID’s E3 Analytics and Evaluation Project, which supports the design and implementation of rigorous evaluations for USAID’s Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment (E3). Under this Project, MSI will be conducting a performance evaluation of the Women’s Leadership Portfolio (WLP). The WLP comprises projects and activities supported by the Women’s Leadership Directive funds. The projects and activities supported by these funds are located in different countries, vary in intervention type and are programmed into multiple sectors. These projects and activities do, however, share common goals in their aspirations to close gender gaps, reduce gender-based violence, and empower women and girls.
The evaluation is expected to encompass the design and implementation of several components including:
1) An evaluation to assess and document the extent to which the WLP has helped support and institutionalize gender programming.
2) A set of case studies done on specific projects, activities, or resources that make up the WLP.
3) An analysis of projects, activities, and resources to improve the performance and sustainability of the WLP.
**Applicants living in the Washington, DC metro area are strongly encouraged to apply.
MSI is currently seeking a Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist for the Women’s Leadership Portfolio Performance Evaluation. Applicants should have demonstrated experience leading evaluation teams and designing and implementing mixed-methods evaluations for USAID or similar international donor agencies. The successful candidate will also have expertise in gender equality and women’s empowerment programming. The successful candidate will ideally have knowledge of issues and/or experience conducting portfolio-wide reviews and/or whole-of-project evaluations.
- Lead the design and implementation of all evaluation activities.
- Supervise other evaluation team members in carrying out required design, data collection, and analysis tasks.
- Ensure that evaluation processes and products meet the requirements and quality standards of MSI and USAID.
- Oversee and conduct desk research and provide inputs to inform required evaluation design documents.
- Lead the drafting and finalization of the evaluation design documents including: data collection instruments, data collection and analysis plans, work plans, sampling plans and criteria, and other relevant sections of the design document.
- Carry out research and analysis based on the approved evaluation design and methodology; this may include reviewing and analyzing secondary documents, conducting key informant interviews in person or by phone, and supervising data collection in one or more of the countries and other approaches to collect and analyze data.
- Lead the drafting and finalization of the draft and final evaluation report; including responding to comments from MSI project team and the client.
- Participate in presentations to USAID and external stakeholders regarding findings and recommendations from the evaluation.
- A graduate degree in the social sciences.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in research, performance monitoring and evaluation.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in doing international development work.
- Demonstrated experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment programming and/or research and evaluation.
- Experience in managing projects/activities funded by USAID.
- Knowledge and experience in applying USAID’s program cycle guidance.
- Proven communication skills.
- Specialist expertise in working with databases, electronic communication methods and software to collect and analyze data.
- Staff supervision experience.
- Outstanding team leadership skills and experience.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb