Organization: Management Systems International
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 23 Feb 2017
Team Leader, Performance Evaluation on USAID/Vietnam Building
University-Industry Learning and Development through Innovation and
Technology Activity, Hanoi, Vietnam
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: Building University-Industry Learning and Development through Innovation and Technology (BUILD-IT) Alliance**
USAID and Arizona State University are working with an alliance with 14 industry partners to build cooperation among government, industry, and academic partners in the U.S. and Vietnam. The purpose of this effort is to link science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) instruction in Vietnamese universities with the needs and capabilities of industry partners. It aims to produce graduates who can lead inclusive, technology-based growth.
- Other BUILT-IT U.S. university partners: Catholic University of America, Portland State University
- Private sector partners: Autodesk, Siemens, Tektronix, Pearson, National Instruments, Microsoft, S.E.N Platform, mobifone, Viettel Group, eSilicon, Intel, Oracle, Everest Education
The project has the following three components:
- Component 1: Strengthens higher education policy, by working with institutions and policymakers to develop and formalize new practices and higher education governance systems accepted institutionally and by the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET).
- Component 2: Enables University-Private Sector Collaboration, by developing curricula partnerships, mentorships, and industry sponsored experiential opportunities to build students’ professional and technical competencies in preparation for STEM careers.
- Component 3: Improves academic programs and outcomes through its Certified Facilitator program that leverages in-country trainers, and distance technologies to create sustainable long-term faculty development and wide-scale implementation of innovation and modern methodologies.
BUILD-IT partners with Vietnam National University (VNU) and University of Danang (UDN) Accreditation Institutes in developing quality assessor training for national impact. Partner institutions will also participate in university, academic program, and course quality training, designed in collaboration with Catholic University of America (CUA), and will establish robust assessment and evaluation systems to support continuous program improvement and international recognition and accreditation.
MSI is seeking a Team Leader/ Evaluation Specialist to design and implement a final Performance Evaluation (PE) of the BUILD IT activity. The successful candidate will have experience designing and leading the implementation mixed methods evaluations of international development programs for USAID or donor agencies.
Period of Performance:
The performance evaluation is expected to begin in Vietnam in mid-February 2017. Fieldwork will be proceeded by a few days of coordination and document review.
- Lead the design and implementation of the BUILT IT performance evaluation.
- Supervise other evaluation team members in carrying out the required design, research, analysis, and drafting inputs for the report. This will be a four-person team, which will include the team leader and three Vietnamese evaluation and higher education specialists.
- Ensure that evaluation processes and products meet the requirements and quality standards of MSI and USAID.
- Consult with the Project team, USAID staff, and other relevant stakeholders to align the evaluation design and data collection instruments with the research objectives and intended uses for the evaluation results of USAID and the Government of Vietnam’s MOET.
- Conduct desk research and provide inputs to inform the design documents and methodologies of the performance evaluation
- Lead the drafting and finalization of the evaluation design documents including: data collection instruments, data collection and analysis plans, work plans, sampling plans, and other relevant sections of the design document
- Carry out research and analysis based on the approved methodology for the evaluation
- Supervise and participate data collection in Vietnam. This will include the collection and analysis of project data, secondary documents, surveys, focus group discussions, and information collected from key informant interviews.
- Lead the drafting and finalization of the draft and final reports for the performance evaluation, including responding to comments from MSI project team and the client.
- Participate in presentations to USAID and other stakeholders regarding findings and recommendations from the review.
- Sound knowledge of USAID programs and an understanding of the USAID Evaluation Policy.
- Experience in evaluating USAID-funded Higher Education programs, including a sound knowledge of technical approaches for building higher education programs in the areas of technology application and for developing government and private sector technology partnership programs.
- Experience with education sector in Vietnam, or similar systems is preferred.
- Expertise in Quality Assurance/Accreditation of university programs plus institutional education policy.
- Must have a minimum of Master’s Degree in a relevant field, which may be related to education system management, workforce development, or the development of the information technology sector.
- Proven project management and leadership experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in performance evaluation of donor funded projects in Vietnam or Southeast Asia. Prior evaluation team leader experience is highly preferred.
- Native or near-native fluency in English including speaking, writing, and reading.
- Proven experience in directing field research, including conducting key informant interviews, focus group discussions and surveys.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative data analysis and report writing skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb