Posted by: Matriculate
New York, NY, US
Matriculate’s mission is to empower high-achieving, low-income high school students to make the leap to our best colleges. Our vision is that one day all the best students in America will have access to and be supported in the best colleges—regardless of their socio-economic status or background—which will give them a unique opportunity to change the trajectory of their own lives and the lives of their families.
Matriculate leverages peer-to-peer relationships and networks to empower high-achieving, low-income high school students to enroll in top colleges and universities. We train talented college students at leading institutions to provide the information, guidance, and support that these high school students need to apply to, gain admission at, and excel in the best institutions. College is an inflection point for low-income high-achievers, and Matriculate allows this overlooked segment of our country’s top talent to realize its potential and address income inequality from the bottom up.
Matriculate is a founding partner of Bloomberg Philanthropies’ college access and success initiative called CollegePoint, which aims to help as many as 65,000 students to apply to, enroll in, and graduate from the best colleges and universities.
Matriculate seeks a strong manager and leader to serve as Advising Fellow Program Manager on Matriculate’s team. The Program Manager will oversee the implementation of the Matriculate program across at least three college sites, including managing college student Advising Fellows (AFs) and Head Advising Fellows (HAFs) to ensure they provide outstanding support to high school students.
This position requires a drive and passion for our mission, paired with experience in management, program implementation, and setting and achieving aggressive goals. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, management and problem-solving skills, focus on quality, and commitment to rigorous evaluation and continuous improvement.
The Program Manager reports to the Senior Program Director while working closely with the rest of the Matriculate team. This is a full-time, project based position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Program Management and Execution
Ensure college Advising Fellows (AFs) on at least three campuses are able to empower high-achieving, low-income high school students to make the leap to top colleges by developing, growing and evaluating AF recruitment, selection, training, certification, engagement, and appreciation
- Assume responsibility for ensuring high schools students served regularly connect with AFs and achieve college application milestones
Recruitment and training
- Recruit a high quality cohort of AFs on each campus by working with Head Advising Fellows (HAFs) and the Matriculate Recruitment and Training Associate to set selection goals and recruit AFs to meet these goals
- Ensure AFs are prepared to provide excellent support for high school students by leading an orientation, ongoing trainings, and a quality and preparedness certification process in conjunction with HAFs and the Recruitment and Training Associate
- Train and manage HAFs; help them provide regular supervision and feedback to AFs to ensure ongoing high standards of quality
- Ensure high school students are connected effectively via remote communication with AFs
- Identify and creatively troubleshoot challenges as they arise
- Monitor quality of high school student experience; devise and implement strategies to increase retention
Celebration and growth
- Foster community and belonging among AFs
- Build a leadership pipeline among AFs
- Develop systems for scalability
Program Impact Measurement and Improvement
Implement program learning and evaluation plan to ensure continuous improvement and to understand Matriculate’s ultimate impact:
- Track metrics for college and high school students
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and report program data for evaluation
- Use program data to identify potential improvements to the Matriculate program
Commitment to Excellence
- Collaborate across the Matriculate program to ensure maximum consistencies and efficiencies
- Identify and troubleshoot challenges as they arise
- Contribute to Matriculate’s culture of continuous improvement
The ideal candidate will have:
- A deep commitment to Matriculate’s mission
- A bachelor’s degree; graduate degree preferred
- At least 3-4 years of experience in people and program management, ideally focused on education or youth development
- Outstanding management skills and a track record of helping others reach ambitious goals
- Excellent writing/editing skills and verbal communications
- Excellent attention to detail and focus on execution; organizational and project management skills
- Ability to build, manage and leverage relationships with a proven track record of flexibility and influence
- Ability to think strategically and analytically while managing tactical implementation, balancing both long‐term and short‐term projects and planning
- Unwavering commitment to excellence and strong leadership skills
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Excellent judgment and impeccable integrity
- High degree of personal initiative in problem solving, commitment to constantly learning, growing, and reflecting on their work
- Desire and ability to meet aggressive strategic goals, work independently and thrive within an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and growing organization
- Command of remote communication methods, including google hangout and skype
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite; experience with Salesforce a plus
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel domestically, potentially up to 20%
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, Matriculate offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Read more here:: Idealist