Posted by: The Arc of Opportunity in North Central MA
Fitchburg, MA, US
About the Arc of Opportunity in North Central Massachusetts
We are a human and civil rights movement offering supports to people of all ages with disabilities and their families. Our mission is to create and support lifetime opportunities in the community for individuals with disabilities and their families to reach their fullest potential by providing advocacy, education, employment, residential and recreational services to enhance quality of life.
About the Position
The Assistant Division Director of Community Based Day and Employment Supports (CBDES) provides administrative oversight in conjunction with and reports directly to the Division Director of CBDES. The Assistant Division Director of CBDES directly supervises the employment support staff including job coaches and the Senior Youth Transition Coordinator. The Assistant Division Director of CBDES is responsible for assessing skills, identifying employment opportunities and providing the necessary supports to foster long-term, independent competitive employment for individuals throughout all of CBDES programming. Additionally, this position oversees Pre-Employment Transition Services (PETS); the PETS program offers vocational support to youth with disabilities age 16-22.
- Recruits and manages employment staff to deliver vocational rehabilitation services that match the expectations of diverse funding sources.
- Oversees and manages contracts with various funding sources including MRC and DDS.
- Responsible for overall management of CBDES programs in the absence of The Division Director.
- Collaborates with Division Director of Quality Assurance to ensure programs meet all criteria for licensure and certification.
- Develops job sites that match the preferences and ability levels of participant’s skills and interests.
- Educates and trains staff on benefits counseling and the impact of work income on them.
- Collaborates with Division Director, peers and direct reports in the planning, management and fulfillment of agency short/long term goals.
- Oversees job skill assessment and coordinates training/support initiatives to enhance employment skills.
- Oversees the intake, assessment, and job development process and employment services for all Vocational Services clients.
- Grows program in alignment with industry trends.
- Create and facilitate trainings on various vocational rehabilitation strategies, interventions, and techniques.
- Ensures staffing and scheduling meet program needs and adheres to program budget.
- Frequent twisting, standing, sitting, pushing, pulling and stooping
- Driving of a motor vehicle and/or van, agency and/or personal vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record and CORI are required at all times during employment with The Arc of Opportunity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relative field required. Master’s Degree preferred. Rehabilitation counseling background and experience strongly preferred.
- Must have 1 to 3 years supervisory experience in a Human Services role.
- Must have employment and job development experience.
- Functional and situational reasoning ability to gather and apply factual information, exercise sound judgment, problem solve and apply principles of influence systems such as motivation, team building, accountability, coaching/counseling of staff and leadership within the scope of the position.
- Communication skills which convey clear direction, desired results and vision to direct reports, individuals/families served, government agencies, peers and senior management.
Comprehensive benefits package including vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, health, dental, life, disability, and 401K. Advancement opportunities.
To learn more about additional opportunities with The Arc of Opportunity in North Central Massachusetts please visit: www.arcofopportunity.org
The Arc in North Central Massachusetts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Read more here:: Idealist