Organization: FHI 360
Closing date: 01 Mar 2017
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Chief of Party, COP, for an anticipated USAID project, Obirodh-Road to Tolerance, that is expected to a) research and understand the drivers of VE; b) partner with local organizations to pilot countering VE activities; c) challenge the narrative of VE organizations; and d) continuously evaluate and learn in order to improve interventions. The COP will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership and guidance of the project and be the project’s main point of contact for USAID and all other stakeholders. The COP will also be responsible for overall project management and technical operations to ensure that the project tasks are completed and the objectives of the project are successfully met. It is expected that the Chief of Party will be located in Dhaka, Bangladesh with anticipated project-funded travel throughout the country. The position is contingent on funding.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Leading the Contractor’s team and serving as the primary point of contact with USAID regarding the day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the contract.
- Ensuring that all assistance provided under the contract is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed.
- Managing and supervising the work of experts/personnel provided under the contract.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and current status of all activities under the contract.
- Establishing appropriate monitoring mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported and that project objectives are met.
- Managing the preparation and presentation of work plans, M&E plans, and quarterly performance reports.
- Facilitate ongoing project learning and adaptive management.
- Ensure that solid relationships are built and maintained between and among FHI 360 and sub-contractor project staff, USAID, and key local stakeholders and partners.
- At least 8 years of experience successfully managing complex international programs (implementation, logistics, budgeting, staffing) preferably those funded by USAID and those conducted in South Asia.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience working on issues related to promoting tolerance, conflict mitigation, countering violent extremism, conflict analysis and research, youth participation and development, and/or civil society strengthening.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) from an accredited university in a relevant field required.
- Demonstrated success across the whole range of project management responsibilities including: strategic program planning; work planning and budgeting; financial, administrative, contractual management and oversight.
- Demonstrated successes in relationship management with multiple clients; oversight of program monitoring and evaluation; and documentation of results for USAID-funded programs.
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English; fluency in Bengali preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations, as well as mentor national staff.
- Past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience
- Strong analytical capacity
Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb