Posted by: The Children´s Aid Society
New York, NY, US
Position Summary: The General Preventive Program of the Children’s Aid Society serves 300 families in the Bronx, Harlem, Washington Heights and Staten Island. Using a multicontextual framework we strive to strengthen families and reduce the incidents of child abuse and neglect. We believe our clinical approach supported by the case management piece is crucial in addressing safety and risk issues for our families to become independent of system involvement.
- Maintain an average caseload of 12 families with a minimum of 2 contacts/month
- Conduct a minimum of 2 contacts monthly, 1 being in the home visit to all families on caseload and all children seen each month
- Provide services including family and individual therapy, advocacy (Public Assistance, Child Support, Housing, and School systems), educational monitoring,
parenting support and general case management services.
- Collaborate with and refer to appropriate service providers for case coordination.
- Be responsible for certain administrative duties and documentation, such as maintaining up to date progress notes, completing Family Assessment and Service Plans, inputting contact data into PROMIS system, and obtaining any other documents required by ACS, such as school records and medical records. Knowledge of the Connections System would be beneficial.
- Participate in weekly individual supervision and monthly group supervision, other professional development activities, including trainings and workshops.
- Schedule and participate in Family Team Conferences for all cases on caseload
- Be available for some evening hours
- Attend bimonthly staff meetings
- Other duties as needed.
- MSW or related Degree
- Thorough working knowledge of ACS Preventive Services system
- Ability to provide case management and clinical services to caseload of 12 families
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Experience using a Family Systemic approach in working with at risk families
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and relate to parents and children
- Experience with families in crisis and at risk for child placement due to neglect/abuse
- Work experience in community and neighborhood based programs
- Knowledge of ACS CONNECTIONS and Promis systems
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Read more here:: Idealist