Organization: Swedish Red Cross
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 24 Feb 2017
The Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement is present in 190 countries around the world. This enables the movement to be present before, under, and after emergencies and conflicts. The international department at the Swedish Red Cross (SRC), is supporting partner National Societies around the world in carrying out the unique humanitarian mandate of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
SRC has a longstanding relationship with the national Red Cross Society in DRC (DRC RC). This relationship is further deepened by implementing a programme focused on enhancing DRC RC disaster preparedness and response capacities.
Disaster management (including preparedness, response, recovery, reduction, rehabilitation/reconstruction), is a high priority of DRC RC in its strategic plan 2014-2018. The primary goal is to reinforce the DRC RC capacity to address humanitarian needs and deliver effective emergency response, as well as building the resilience of the community.
As part of SRC Regional Team of Africa, and under the direct supervision of the SRC Country Representative in DRC, the Program Manager will manage, supervise and coordinate the activities and budgetary aspects of the programme.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Provide support in the preparation, follow-up and management of project budget including handing of bank accounts, payments and verification of monthly financial reports. This shall be done in close coordination with the Financial Controllers at SRC HQ
- Assist in the set up and development of the strategy of the DRC RC DM department
- Design and implement capacity development activities, such as workshops and trainings, to strengthen capacity of the DRC RC and the community
- Assist in the daily management of DM activities planned at the provincial level
- If required deputize for the SRC country representative and as such cover security matters
- Higher academic education in, international relations, development studies, business management or related field
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience
- Experience in training and coaching
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts
- Proven ability of security assessment and operational security management
- Proficient knowledge of written and spoken English and French
- Driver’s License manual transmission, knowledge of 4×4
- Knowledge of Swedish
- Experience of working for the Red Cross
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Structured and systematic
- Capable of taking decisions and function autonomously
- Must be able to handle high workloads and stressful circumstances
- Must be able to live and work under demanding physical and mental conditions
- Awareness and understanding of cultural and gender differences
As a Swedish Red Cross employee we expect you to share the Red Cross/Red Crescent humanitarian values. RC/RC values diversity and actively works against all forms of discrimination.
Dates and information
Desired starting date: As soon as possible
Time frame: 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Place of assignment: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
Type of posting: International delegate (not open for DRC nationals). Non-family posting.
Closing date for applications: 24 Feb 2017 Please note that only applications in English made through our website will be considered. In selecting candidates the Swedish Red Cross use a competency based model and all candidates will be assessed on the above requirements.
For more information ABOUT THE POSITION, please contact:
Hans Ridemark, Regional Representative, Africa and Americas Region, Swedish Red Cross. Direct phone: + +46 8 4524692, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lili Bazin, Senior DRR Advisor, Swedish Red Cross: Direct phone: +46 (0) 8-452 48 24, email: Lili.Bazin@redcross.se
Theresia Lyshöj-Landiech, Country Representative, DRC, Swedish Red Cross. Direct phone: +243 8 17 60 94 23, email: Theresia.Lyshojemail@example.com
Anders Steen Nielsen,** Project Controller, Bilateral Start-ups, Swedish Red Cross. Direct phone: + 256 786 03 09 09, e-mail: Anders.Steen.Nielsen@redcross.se
How to apply:
Apply from the Swedish Red Cross website. Direct link to ad https://goo.gl/wG7nm4***Below the ad and the general information about the Red Cross Movement you find the button “Apply”. Click on “Apply”, fill out the form and download letter and CV. You will get an automatic confirmation that we have received your application. If you have trouble to get date of birth accepted, please try the format yymmdd (exampel 15 Jan 1975 = 750115).***
Read more here:: ReliefWeb