Posted by: The Children’s Inn at the National Institutes of Health
Bethesda, MD, US
The Database Coordinator works with the Assistant Director of Annual Giving and supports the Development department by managing the fundraising database, including entering and maintaining data, processing gifts, sending acknowledgments and running reports.
- Serve as key individual responsible for The Inn’s fundraising database, Raisers Edge, which includes maintaining accurate constituent, relationship, gift fund/appeal, and action information.
- Serve as day to day contact for caging company data services including :
- Sending donations to caging company
- Importing caging gift files into Raisers Edge
- Exporting acknowledgment files and uploading to caging company
- Monitor quality of caging data files
- Oversee the receipt of monetary donations received at The Inn from opening mail through batching, gift entry and acknowledgment.
- Maintain the integrity of Raisers Edge by ensuring timely updates and entries, including accurate:
- Gift coding (appeals, funds, and campaigns)
- Acknowledgment letter codes
- Address and salutation updates
- Other constituent and attribute coding as needed
- Become proficient in ImportOmatics and use it to accurately transfer data into Raisers Edge from multiple 3rd party platforms and ResINN.
- Create queries and reports to produce mail lists, donor listings, and financial reporting/analysis in conjunction with Development department team members.
- Work with development team members to monitor data entry and reporting for prospect management systems.
- Create processes and procedures for Raisers Edge data entry and ensure consistency.
- Provide basic training and support for staff and volunteers who use Raisers Edge, including overseeing a weekly volunteer who assists with gift entry.
- Be the liaison between the Development and Finance departments to ensure that all development and financial batches reconcile on a monthly basis.
- Manage, in coordination with The Inn’s IT Director, data conversions, global updates, or software upgrades for the database. Oversee appropriate back up procedures and work with software providers to ensure ongoing data integrity.
- Manage data requests from Qlik and other outside vendors.
- Maintain a Raisers Edge procedures manual that is up-to-date and accurate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Annual Giving.
- Promote a homelike environment of support and understanding for residents of The Inn
- Become familiar with all Inn rules, policies, and services as they relate to the families residing at The Children’s Inn
- Maintain flexibility and acknowledge stress of communal living
- Meet reasonable needs of Inn residents
BA/BS degree required.
Minimum 3 years’ experience managing a fundraising database. Intermediate or expert use of Excel. Experience with Raisers Edge and ImportOmatics highly preferred.
Must have good communication, organization and writing skills. Must be detail-oriented and have a positive attitude and work well in a team-oriented environment.
Official schedule is Monday through Friday.
Read more here:: Idealist