Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 08 Mar 2017
Chief of Party, USAID Governance Decentralization & Local Administration, Egpyt
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The anticipated USAID-funded, five year project aims to improve service delivery for new governance decentralization and local administration systems in Egypt.
MSI is seeking applications from highly qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates with expertise in decentralization, service delivery, and government accountability. The COP will be responsible for providing overall leadership management of the entire program, as well as administrative, financial and technical oversight. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the completion of all tasks and objectives designated by USAID.
- Oversee all technical and managerial components of the project, including the management of local staff.
- Provide technical insight and leadership to implement an ambitious decentralization and local government activities in Egypt based on the anticipated local government law.
- Provide technical insight to enhance the public financial system in Egypt with an emphasis on decentralizing budgeting and spending at the local level.
- Provide technical insight and leadership to implement service delivery at the local level in Egypt.
- Work with the technical teams to enhance the capacity and performance of key central ministries (Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Local Development) and local units (governor offices, city councils, neighborhoods councils and village councils).
- Sure compliance with USAID requirements and international audit practices.
- Develop work plans and other documents to be submitted and reviewed by USAID.
- Coordinate project efforts with other international donor-funded activities.
- Serve as principal contact for USAID, the government of Egypt, counterparts and non-governmental stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities.
- Ensure complementarity with and enhancement of the rest of the USAID/Egypt portfolio.
- Responsibility for final delivery of all project results to USAID on time and on budget.
- Master’s degree in public administration, international relations, law, political relations, or a similar social science.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience leading the implementation and management of large international development projects; experience leading decentralization, local governance, public financial management or service delivery programs required preferred.
- At least five (5) years of management experience on USAID-funded projects. Prior COP experience required.
- Experience in the Middle East or similar, post conflict environments required;,
- Experience monitoring, evaluating, and documenting local government strengthening, reform or support projects preferred.
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building experience related to conflict analysis, prevention, management, and mitigation required.
- Demonstrated work with international donors in conflict areas.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and ability to manage and be flexible in difficult and challenging circumstances.
- Professional fluency in spoken and written English required; Arabic highly desirable.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb