Organization: Overseas Strategic Consulting
Country: El Salvador
Closing date: 20 Feb 2017
Communications and Public Outreach Specialist
Overseas Strategic Consulting, Ltd. (OSC) seeks well-qualified applicants for a Communications and Public Outreach Specialist with experience in Latin America. Assignments are long-term and short-term in El Salvador for a USAID governance project.
The Communications and Public Outreach Specialist is responsible for assessing local communications capacity and designing and implementing comprehensive, context-specific communications strategies which utilize multiple communications tools. The Specialist will help develop and manage sustainable and cost-effective, targeted public outreach and communications programs. The Specialist will also build the capacity of local and regional community-based organizations to engage with national and municipal governments.
· Master’s degree in communications or related field
· At least five years of relevant work experience developing and implementing communication strategies for democracy and governance projects
· At least five years of experience building the capacity of municipal government and/or NGOs to conduct public education campaigns and community outreach
· Training experience, including materials design and training of trainers
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Professional experience in Latin America
· Fluency in Spanish.
Established in 1992, OSC (www.oscltd.com) provides strategic communications, ICT, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support for development missions in challenging environments around the world. Using research-based strategies, OSC provides qualitative and quantitative research, technical assistance, and advisory services to donor agencies, governments, private institutions, and civil society organizations, building institutional communications capacity in a multitude of sectors and subject areas.
How to apply:
For consideration, please email resume/CV and cover letter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the subject line: Communications and Public Outreach Specialist. OSC is committed to recruiting, employing, promoting, and retaining the best-qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb