Organization: Save the Children UK
Closing date: 13 Feb 2017
We are looking for a flexible and motivated individual to join our UK programmes, Development and Quality team as Evaluation & Research Advisor. You will develop research and evaluation strategies and provide specialist support and advice on research, evaluation and monitoring to ensure we develop, deliver and sustain programmes of the highest quality.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-nationals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
Our UK Programmes focus on early years and early learning for children growing up in poverty. As Evaluation & Research Advisor you will ensure robust evaluation strategies are designed and implemented for all programmes to build the evidence base and drive improvement. You will support the development and implementation of a UK Programmes evaluation and research strategy. In addition you will:
- Undertake an annual audit of our programme evaluation strategies and use this to drive improvement in evaluation
- Build the capacity of UK Programmes staff, through training and other approaches, to design and implement research and evaluation strategies and to understand and use evidence
- Undertake desk research, primary research and evaluation activity as required
- Work closely with colleagues within the Quality Learning and Improvement team on quality and participation to drive learning and improvement.
- Support and advise on other research undertaken and commissioned by UK Programmes teams, including in relation to policy, advocacy and campaign work by country teams
To be successful you will be educated to Masters level, or have equivalent experience in the field of evaluation and research. Proactive and solutions focussed, you will have high level skills in quantitative (and preferably also qualitative) methodologies, research review and synthesis, and in research with children. In addition you will have:
- Extensive experience of designing impact evaluation and quantitative research instruments including experience using validated measures and standardised instruments
- Strong data analysis skills and extensive experience of quantitative data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and representational skills in order to work with a wide range of people both internally and externally
- Well-developed IT skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- An understanding of the impact of poverty on children, families and neighbourhoods and the barriers that communities face in seeking to bring about positive changes in outcomes
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 13th February 2017
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb