Posted by: Hadassah, WZOA, Inc.
New York, NY, US
Hadassah WZOA, an established women’s nonprofit organization focused on advocacy is seeking a dynamic individual to join their team in the Southern California Office. The Finance Assistant works in partnership with the Hadassah Southern California (HSC) Director of Finance, HSC Executive Director, HSC Finance Vice President and HSC volunteer leadership by providing financial information.
About the Role:
- Process all financial transactions: accounts payable invoices, credit cards.
- Process monthly/quarterly recurring donations and donor contributions.
- Prepare and distribute reports as needed.
- Record monthly group bank statements and reconciliations.
- Identify and communicate financial informational needs to the HSC Director of Finance.
- Work with HSC and National staff to identify potential donors.
- Work with HSC and National staff to resolve donor Hadassah related financial issues.
- Assist with events as necessary.
- Other administrative duties and responsibilities as needed.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years of related AP/Bookkeeping Experience.
- Bachelor of Arts degree, related area of study highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, and other systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both in written and oral form).
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Some minimal Jewish education and/or experience are desirable.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in the LOS ANGELES area.
Read more here:: Idealist