Organization: German Red Cross
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity,Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
In close cooperation with the Haitian Red Cross (HRC) and other partners in the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the GRC has been conducting project measures in various regions in Haiti since 2004. Currently it has a Country Office in Port au Prince and two sub-offices in Archaie and Nippes. GRC has merged its projects into an integrated development programme for the strengthening the resilience of the particularly vulnerable population.
GRC is currently seeking for an experienced Project Manager in the field of Climate Change Adaptation and Food Security:
Duration: asap until 31st January 2018
Place of assignment: Nippes, Haiti
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Project Manager works as part of the GRC Delegation and is accountable, under the direction and guidance of the Country Representative and Desk Officer at HQ for leading and managing two projects funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) with the titles “Reduction of undernourishment and malnutrition, improvement of livelihood, and increase of the resilience of the population in the region of Nippes” and “Integrated Programme for Climate Change Adaptation in the Department of Nippes, Haiti”, covering the key tasks and responsibilities set out below:
- Manage the BMZ funded projects in close cooperation with the HRC as national counterpart and implementing partner, as well as in close coordination with other partners and stakeholders
- Coordinate, liaise and maintain a close working relationship with different government departments, scientific institutions (e.g. meteorological offices and universities), NGOs and civil society on behalf of GRC, when appropriate, to ensure a smooth linkage between GRC and other organisations in the region
- Oversight of project management and quality, and ensuring efficient quality management systems
- Safeguard the regular collection and analysis of field data for statistical and program control purpose and oversee regular monitoring of program results and activities through the establishment of a proper M&E system
- Ensuring accurate project budgeting, financial management and expenditure tracking according to GRC and donor (BMZ) requirements
- Ensure quality, timely narrative and financial reporting in compliance with GRC and donor (BMZ) policies and regulations
- Supervision, mentoring and capacity building of GRC project team
- Drawing on lessons learnt to develop best practice and oversight of the Continuous Learning Process and Best practices including reflection and planning through team meetings and stakeholder workshops
- Contributing to the maintenance of strong team spirit and positive workplace environment
- At least 5 years working experience in Project/Programme Management of international development-oriented projects. Strong leadership skills are essential
- Operational knowledge of Climate Change Adaptation
- Experience in implementing and managing donor funded projects (BMZ experience will be a strong asset)
- Experience in community planning and community development
- Strong project management skills, particularly PCM and participatory methods
- Profound knowledge and proven experience in M&E, developing tools and plans, and leading mid-terms and annual reviews and planning workshops/activities
- Experience in cooperating with local organizations, /capacity building among communities and partners (preferably in the region)
- Ability to train and guide local community volunteers
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences
- Assertive, with high intercultural sensitivity
- Knowledge of Red Cross / Red Crescent principles and willingness to adhere to them
- Proven experiences and skills in proposal writing, management and reporting
- Skills in facilitation, moderation and training
- Readiness to work in remote areas
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Readiness to go on assignment without partner
- Oral and written fluency in French and English, German would be a strong asset
- Ability to work effectively in multi cultural environments
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process ‘working abroad under specific climate and health conditions’
GRC offers you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC as well as an expatriation allowance during your mission. Depending on the post specific situation we either provide you with an accommodation or a personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package (health insurance for residence abroad, private accident insurance, private liability insurance, luggage insurance) GRC is as well covering a home flight withing a 12-month period of assignment and medical check ups before and after your mission. Before your assignment you will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings prior as well as during and after your mission.
How to apply:
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HRnet until 28th February 2017.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2017-018 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb