Organization: QED Group
Closing date: 23 Feb 2017
To satisfy the overall objectives of CDC India and international collaboration responsibilities, the contractor will provide technical assistance, consultation and support services to the EBOLA response and recovery efforts in India for epidemiologic and laboratory information system/programs and data management methods for clinical and diagnostic data. The contractor will be based in New Delhi and will be assigned to provide data management support for one of three highly affected areas (New Delhi, Amritsar, Ludhiana); (Lucknow, Patna, Jaipur ); (Mumbai Indore, and Bhopal).
- Participate as a member of the international EBOLA response team and assist CDC in their efforts to provide overall expert technical support to the host country government laboratory and epidemiologic data activities being supported through collaborative EBOLA response and recovery efforts by CDC, the government and international partners. This may include development of strategies to improve the quality of data.
- Collaborate closely with CDC and the in-country response team, coordinating laboratory and epidemiologic data management activities with detection, prevention, care and treatment program areas.
- Analyze data from assessments conducted in priority areas and work with team leads to incorporate appropriate activities/strategies into work plans; activities will be related to EBOLA surveillance, suspected EBOLA case investigation, care and monitoring, EBOLA outbreak investigation and response planning/implementation, epidemiological data analysis, and routine immunization services.
- Maintain and manage an up-to-date and accurate database that is used for describing the outbreak and doing epidemiological data analysis.
- Work closely with government and other CDC lab partners and epidemiologists to improve data quality.
- Maintain and run SAS program(s) to clean and merge data. Manage and analyze data for risk assessments.
- Work with team leads to track progress towards implementing specific priority country work plans.
- Conduct periodic analyses of current epidemiologic data related to EBOLA, outbreaks, and surveillance and priority areas.
- Provide technical assistance as needed to CDC India in other areas of data management (EQA) programs, studies, etc.
- Coordinate, facilitating and participate in meetings sponsored by CDC Country Office and international Ebola Response partners.
- Travel to Amritsar, Lucknow, and Mumbai, India to analyze data from suspected Ebola cases.
- Master’s Level Degree in Public Health Sciences or related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience, with progressive responsibility in working with epidemiology and laboratory information systems and providing data management solutions
- Three years of experience in coordinating multi-agency public health programs at regional, national, sub national, local levels, international experience preferred
- Experience in International public health, disease surveillance (active and passive), and Outbreak and case investigations
- Working knowledge of SAS, SPSS, Excel, Microsoft Access
- Excellent communication and writing skills. Experience in development of strategic documents, briefing documents, and reports.
- Level IV speaking and writing proficiency in English
- Language proficiency in Hindi and Marathi preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate in English on a daily basis with various groups (speaking, reading and writing)
How to apply:
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Go to https://careers-qedgroupllc.icims.com/jobs/1300/data-management-support—india/job
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume.
- Click on the link: Biodata AID1420-17, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application. You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb