Organization: Population Services International
Closing date: 26 Mar 2017
Regional Business Systems Analyst and Monitoring Advisor, Asia
Location: preference for Delhi, India; other locations within region negotiable
Up to 50**%** regional/international travel
Reports to the Technical Director, Asia Region with dotted line to Deputy Director, Evidence for Implementation
Be Part of Something Powerful and Different
Are you a management consultant with a hunger to contribute beyond the bottom line? A business analyst looking to put your skills to work on behalf of the people who need them most? If so, we’ve got a GREAT opportunity for you!
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (better known as “PSI”), a global health non-profit. We aim to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy and plan their families by marketing affordable health products and services (think mosquito nets, condoms, HIV testing and more). We are a $640m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 60 countries. Check out www.psi.org for more on what gets us out of bed in the morning.
PSI seeks a Business Systems Analyst and Monitoring Advisor for Asia to provide support to PSI’s global mission. The Regional Business Systems Analyst and Monitoring Advisor (BSA/MA) will provide strategic leadership, capacity building support, and technical assistance to PSI projects and underlying business systems in the Asia region. The BSA/MA will be expected to work across multiple levels of the organization and may be involved in various activities from defining strategy to scoping out requirements for projects to creating system architecture to supporting continuous improvement in technology and processes. Flowing from systems analysis, the successful candidate will ensure that strong MIS are designed and meaningful indicators are measured, facilitating better decision-making and stronger programs.
Reporting to the Technical Director, Asia Region, the post is part of the larger Asia Regional Technical Team providing technical support to the countries in Asia in which PSI operates. This position is expected to be based in Delhi, India.
Sound like you? Read on.
The Regional Business Systems Analyst collaborates across PSI countries (often called “Network Members”) to accomplish the following:
Business Process Improvement
- Interview stakeholders to elicit, analyze and document functional and non-functional requirements for information system projects, including those using mobile applications
- Formulate solutions that meet the Network Members’ business requirements and scope.
- Analyze existing business processes to identify gaps and areas of improvement. Focus on process deconstruction, design and process improvement
- Document as-is and to-be process scenarios, the differences between both, and the implementation plan necessary for the organization to adopt the to-be process
- Participate in root cause analysis to recommend product enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve productivity for both the business units and IT
- Design and implement dashboards for the presentation and analysis of routine data
- Provide guidance on use of mobile health technologies for the collection and utilization of monitoring data, and their integration into program delivery
- Develop and implement MIS and data quality assessments
- Actively support the development and implementation of PSI’s global Management Information System (DHIS2)
Monitoring & Evaluation Oversight, Capacity Building, and Dissemination
- Oversee development and improvement of M&E plans and logical frameworks as part of new business development or project start-up/revision.
- Build capacity among country-level monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and MIS staff to (i) effectively elicit requirements from system users (ii) design and oversee data collection systems/processes, and (iii) analyze, interpret and disseminate results
- Provide technical supervision of country-level staff, as appropriate
- Review and determine budgets for delivery of technical assistance to Network Members
- Serve as the liaison between technical departments in PSI headquarters and Asia Network members
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, management information systems, computer science, or aligned work experience
- At least 3 years of experience identifying and documenting business requirements at multiple levels, and across complex projects that impact several systems and functional areas
- Ability to learn quickly, understanding organizational interdependencies and potential impacts to project planning or implementation
- Experience with database management and MIS design/configuration, preferably DHIS2
- Ability to develop partnerships with internal senior management, external donors, and NGOs
- Experience managing multiple projects and teams in a variety of environments
- Proven experience successfully building capacity in and mentoring information systems staff
- Excellent analysis and writing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English required
Preference will be given to candidates with work experience in low-income countries, work in public health, and knowledge of social marketing. Familiarity with donor-funded international development projects a major plus. The preferred repertoire of desired expertise/skills aslo includes:
- Experience in Agile development
- Ability to document process flows using UML with a process flow tool like MS Visio or PowerPoint
- Documented experience working on enterprise solutions utilizing CRM or ERP solutions
- Experience with mobile health technologies
- Experience developing learning materials
- Level 7
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb