Posted by: Textile Exchange
Lamesa, TX, US
The position is Integrity Platform Coordinator. This role will support the work of the Integrity team, which has its main focus on the development and running of Textile Exchange’s global standards. TE’s standards are developed and revised through an open and transparent process, so stakeholder engagement is important, and, in this role, the Platform Coordinator person will be coordinating and communicating with stakeholders, from brands to farmers, all around the world. Additional responsibilities will include administrative activities, the collection and management of information and data, and providing initial support to standards users.
Being part of the TE team means playing a role in creating real and meaningful change in the textile industry, reducing social and environmental impacts while increasing awareness of important sustainability issues. There will be plenty of opportunity to learn and grow, particularly as we expand into the development of additional standards.
- Support the development, revision and use of TE standards; coordinate activities, manage information, provide administrative support.
- Support to standards users: this will involve understanding the TE standards and being able to reply to basic questions, and to identify where support materials can be found.
- Support communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Engage with and support the broader TE initiatives and activities (Conference, Membership, the Centralalized Database) as needed.
- Plan virtual and in-person meetings and events: coordination, minutes, travel and room bookings as needed.
- Set up support systems and ensure all documents are safely archived and easily accessible.
- Website management: ensure that Integrity webpages and standards websites are kept current and well organized.
- Social media: send and track social media posts relating to TE standards via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Research and data collection.
- Additional support as defined by Integrity Team members.
The candidate should demonstrate:
- A strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- High level of organization, efficiency, and commitment to project completion.
- Commitment to professionalism, thoroughness and timeliness.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media and good basic skills with graphics.
- Desire to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.
- The ability/willingness to work with different nationalities and cultures.
- The ability/willingness to work independently and in teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong personal interest in sustainability.
- A positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Undergraduate degree
- At least 3 years of work experience
Additional job details:
- TE is a virtual organization, and the candidate will be home-based in North America.
- The hours will generally fall into a standard workweek, but there may be some early or late in the day calls to connect with different time zones.
Read more here:: Idealist