Organization: Aga Khan Foundation
Closing date: 24 Feb 2017
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) has been working in East Africa for thirty years and pursues innovative solutions to the seemingly intractable problems that lead to poverty. AKF is an equal opportunity employer committed to employee well-being. In Kenya, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectoral initiatives that includes programmes in sustainable economic development, education, early childhood development, health, nutrition and civil society strengthening. AKF is looking for a well-qualified professional to fill the following position based in Nairobi.
The Yetu Initiative (Yetu) works with Kenyan Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to generate community philanthropic support for their missions in three significant ways: 1) direct support to develop and implement fundraising/awareness campaigns; 2) capacity building and training; and 3) development of an online philanthropy portal to connect CSOs and potential donors.
Primary responsibilities of the Yetu Campaigns & Communications Officer include:
- Develop and implement a branding and communications strategy for the Yetu Initiative;
- Develop communications and marketing materials, including: social media messages, advertisements, publications, presentations, videos and best practice case studies to support the communications strategy and enhance partner engagement;
- Train and mentor CSO partners to develop and implement their own communications strategies;
- Provide support to CSOs for the development and implementation of fundraising campaigns; involves managing relationships with a diverse range of partners.
- Grow the Yetu community of Practice by maintaining consistent outreach and social media presence for the Initiative.
- Work with the MERL(Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning) officer to conduct focus groups, surveys, market research, and to document learnings of the project
- Carry out media outreach to promote coverage of Yetu and CSO partners’ activities.
- Develop and implement online and digital outreach strategies for the Yetu Initiative E-Philanthropy and E-learning platforms.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, international development or relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in producing a wide range of strategic communications materials (ideally in both the Kenyan NGO and Kenyan corporate sectors);
- Exceptional English communications skills with the ability to produce high quality reports, publications, advertisements, presentations, documentaries and other communications materials. Kiswhali communications skills a plus;
- Experience in mentoring and training staff in communications;
- Experience carrying out surveys, focus groups, market research and graphic design a plus.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV, names and contact information of three professional referees to the following email address: email@example.com , with “YETU Campaigns and Communications Officer” in the subject line by 24thFebruary, 2017 to the Human Resources Manager.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org)
Read more here:: ReliefWeb