Organization: Community Care for All
Closing date: 25 Feb 2017
Duties and Responsibilities
· Draft project proposals and concept notes in coordination with program department/senior management team with regards to funder’s deadlines and specifications.
· Maintain relationships with existing donors, respond to their requests regularly and keep updated them about the work of the organization.
· Support partnership development between the organization and partner INGO/UN Agency including attending partnership initiative meetings, clusters and through initiation of networking and coordination
· Coordinate with colleagues in the programmes team to compile the information/data analysis required for developing proposals and preparing donor reports for grants awarded, and give presentations in relevant regional clusters and to new potential donors
· Provide comprehensive research and analysis on data gathering including, needs assessment and writing up reports and analysis for new fundraising initiatives, follow up approaches/enquiries via telephone, letter and emails
· Regularly monitor for opportunities, sharing with relevant team members and helping to plan approaches to them.
· Identify potential partners and establish relationships and program opportunities.
· Manage and enhance relationships with existing donors and stakeholders, and identify new donors through networking, coordination and advocacy.
· Develop plans, strategies and setting goals to hit fundraising targets and other supporting documents.
· Write effective fundraising applications in response to calls for proposals from the current portfolio as well as new institutional and other donors
· Assist in managing a system for maintaining all contacts, information and deadlines for each grant awarded and new fundraising opportunity.
Organizational office Setting
· The incumbent of the position will be in charge of organizational office set up in Kenya and overall office management. It is fundamental to this role that the candidate has a thorough understanding and experience of the role and the intricacies of liaison and planning and Serves as the principal focal point.
· He/She will be integral part of organizing and arrangement of organizational registration document, purchasing and placement of office set up equipment. Monitor office expenditures and handle all office contracts (rent, service etc.)
· Perform basic bookkeeping activities and update the accounting system, Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders
Duration and Payment
· The contract shall start as soon as possible with duration 11 months and may be renewable based on performance and fund availability
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically
· Excellent interpersonal skills, in particular ability to build meaningful relationships with potential and existing international donors
· Demonstrated capacity to adapt to rapidly changing environments and to find innovative ways to respond to emerging organizational needs
· Experience in planning, coordinating and organizing fundraising events
· Excellent communication skills (writing and spoken), including a high standard of written and spoken English (other languages – Kiswahili-would be an asset)
· Experience of working with grassroots organizations, Capability to take initiative, to plan and work independently, while being a strong and dependable team player
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Experience using donor database software/platforms
Experience of working with and/or in an NGO , building consortiums (highly desirable)
Qualification (Education/Work Experience)
· University degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (preferably economics, politics, social development studies, humanities) or relevant experience
· A minimum of 5-year experience working with an NGO, INGO or UN agencies in humanitarian context with strong understanding of fundraising or similar work in east Africa. Understanding of international development, including the humanitarian and development challenges facing vulnerable communities in conflict prone areas
· Computer/word processing and standard office software skills.
· Fluent in English (Speaking and Writing)
· Experience in financial planning, budget setting and management and accountability
· A proven track record of raising funds from a range of public, government and private sector
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application with an updated CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The email subject line should read the title of the applied position
DBG is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb