Organization: Palladium International
Closing date: 13 Mar 2017
Palladium is looking for a Regional Humanitarian Advisor (RHA), East and Southern Africa for an upcoming humanitarian and resilience programme currently being tendered by DFID. The role is intended to provide advisory support to the main UK based programme team and its partners as well as to DFID. The RHA will act as the main focal point for the East and Southern Africa region keeping abreast of humanitarian trends, early warning and preparedness and advising on response priorities. They will further develop partnerships within the region, support lessons learning and contribute to the strategic development of the facility of the longer term. The role is contingent on Palladium being awarded the contract.
Humanitarian Advisory Support
- Monitor and report on key humanitarian developments and trends in the region.
- Advise on and make recommendations for preparedness planning and capacity building
- Support stakeholder engagement and partnership development
- Participate in lessons learning and advise on longer term programme improvements
- Support needs analysis and advise on response priorities
- Liaise with partners on response planning and implementation
- Work with partners on the design and delivery of key training or capacity building initiatives for staff, DFID or partners
- Support preparedness planning exercises and simulations
- Support programmes engagement with the Humanitarian Reform agenda
- Contribute to the programmes change agenda.
- Deploy in-country – often at short notice – to support needs analysis and advise on initial response options
- Assume a leadership role to response activities when needed.
- Identify and advise on new surge roster members from the region
Education and experience
- Educated to university degree level or above, preferably holding a Master’s degree in a relevant field. A mix of a first Degree and substantial experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 10 years’ experience in Humanitarian Affairs including in preparedness planning and capacity building, emergency response, and resilience building
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the wider Humanitarian System and the Humanitarian Reform agenda
- Experience leading complex multi-stakeholder responses
- Experience working in a range of crisis contexts including natural disasters and complex emergencies.
- In-depth knowledge of the East and Southern Africa region and of international and national actors.
- Experience working with donor (preferably DFID) funded programmes
Skills and competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships and networks with a range of stakeholders
- Strong expertise in leading complex programmes, including managing and mentoring senior members of staff
- Willingness to deploy at short notice to support emergency response efforts
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ay5rYXVmbWFuLjUyOTg0LjM4MzBAcGFsbGFkaXVtLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
Read more here:: ReliefWeb