Posted by: Graduate School USA
Washington, DC, US
Lead IT Service Desk Analyst
Graduate School USA is an independent, educational, not-for-profit institution headquartered in the nation’s capital with additional sites strategically located throughout the U.S. We are an active learning community with a rich history that spans nine decades. Our range of programs and services includes continuing education, career development and certificate programs–all designed to serve the needs of organizations and individuals in both government and the private sector.
The GSUSA Information Technology Operations Team is seeking an IT Service Desk Analyst to provide first and second line technical support to internal staff. The IT Service Desk Analyst will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role. Coverage includes Graduate School USA headquarter site in D.C. as well as remote users at other offices and home workers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone and email
- Maintaining as asset database and track changes
- 1st and 2nd line support – troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as cell phones, laptops, PCs and printers
- Troubleshoot basic network issues, such as broadband issues
- Escalate unresolved calls to the infrastructure support team
- Log all calls in the service desk call ticketing system (Remedy)
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Provide stats for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required
- Basic Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc.
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
- Bachelor’s degree
- A+, MCP certification required
- Minimum of 3 years previous IT Service Desk and/or Call Centre experience required
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication
- Basic User & Security Group Active Directory administration
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and Office 365
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft’s cloud based
- Outlook via Office 365 within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Must be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organizational skills
Read more here:: Idealist