Organization: CTG Global
Closing date: 11 Feb 2017
Vacancy reference no.:
National Project Operations Assistant
Place of performance:
up to 3 months (@30days/month)
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Working under general guidance of the Chief of Mission (COM), the Senior Operations Officer, Community Stabilization Project Manager and under the direct supervision of the Community Stabilization Field Operations Officer. The National Project Operations Assistant will be responsible in providing assistance and ensuring that implementing partners are on track with their action plan.
The National Project Operations Assistant will be responsible in providing assistance and ensuring that implementing partners are on track with their action plan.
1- Support the Community Stabilization (CS) Field Operations Officer in planning and managing the Community Stabilization Project portfolio in close coordination with relevant Project partners, such as governmental authorities, national and international agencies and diplomatic missions, working groups and partner NGOs.
2- Provide technical inputs for the effective implementation of the projects through developing work plans, objectives, and plans for monitoring and evaluation of the process, and resolving all challenges that arise in the process.
3- Identify risks and challenges to the ongoing operations of the projects and provide advice to the CS Project Manager and Field Operations Officer and implementing partners on mitigation strategies.
4- Provide update to the CS Field Operations Officer on progress and, where relevant, additional needs in relation to the project implementation and follow up activities.
5- Ensure regular communication with field staff in Qatroun and Field Operation Officer, including timely submissions of reports, meeting minutes, tracking tools, and documentation of beneficiary data.
6- Assist in liaison work with local government officials with the aim of fostering closer working relationships in the implementation of the community stabilization activities.
7- Assist in the effective implementation of the overall Community Stabilization activities in the Qatroun area in order to ensure the delivery of planned assistance to the beneficiaries within the timeframe.
8- Monitor the performance of Implementation partners, including financial tracking, information management and reporting.
9- Conduct regular activity site visits and provide recommendations for effective and efficient implementation of the activities.
10- Support CS Field Operations Officer in ensuring that synergies are built with active programs in Libya in order to synchronize all the activities carried out under different service areas.
11- Support CS Field Operations Officer in ensuring that IOM standards procurement, logistics and financial procedures are duly applied in the implementation of the community stabilization project.
12- Coordinate with partners in the development and implementation of capacity building activities for staff, beneficiaries, community structures’ members and government institutions staff related to community stabilization.
13- Coordinate with partner NGOs, community representatives and local government officials the preparation and implementation of project activities.
14- Coordinate and plan the collection of successful stories of the beneficiaries and share with PI unit.
15- Perform other such duties as may be assigned.
Senior Operations Officer, Community Stabilization Project Manager
This position does not have direct team management duties.
§ Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, International Relations, Political Science, Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and field experience..
§ Minimum of 4 years of demonstrable relevant Humanitarian Aid experience.
§ Minimum of 4 years of experience in Africa with local experience in Qatroun is an advantage.
§ Fluency in Arabic and English are essential.
· Accepts and gives constructive criticism, Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
· Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs, Monitors own work to correct errors
· Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
· Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
· Contributes to colleagues’ learning and Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
· Actively shares relevant information
· Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
· Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
· Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
· Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
· Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
· Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
· Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress, Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
· Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
· Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
· Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
· Contributes to, and follows team objectives and Gives credit where credit is due
· Seeks input and feedback from others and Actively supports and implements final group decisions
• Excellent writing and communication skills, fluency in Arabic and English (oral and written);
• Experience in an international, humanitarian/development organization an advantage
Other relevant information: To be advised
How to apply:
Please apply via the following link: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a1124000001o1UA
Read more here:: ReliefWeb