Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 08 Mar 2017
Reading Assessment Coordinator, Assess the Learners (YESA) Activity, Malawi
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: **
MSI anticipates an upcoming proposal for a five-year project where the primary purpose will be create a multi-level monitoring and evaluation system for the National Reading Programme to assist the Government of Malawi’s (GoM’s) efforts to improve the reading skills of Malawian students nationwide. The following objectives will be the focal points: 1) National Reading Assessment instituted; 2) Universal school–level utilization of assessment strategies and techniques for reading instituted; 3) Community-level capacity for the performance and informed use of reading assessments instituted; and 4) Integration of reading assessments into National Reading.
MSI is seeking a long-term Reading Assessment Coordinator to provide overall technical oversight and guidance across all four of the project’s anticipated objectives. This position will report directly to the Reading Assessment Specialist.
- Aid in the process of evaluating the public school curriculum to establish benchmarks for a National Reading Assessment linked to current and future MOEST sector strategy indicators and targets.
- Provide support in facilitating workshops between the Project, the MoE, and reading experts.
- Work closely with MERIT and MOEST to perform school level assessments with the goal of determining how PSIP, MESIP and other related grants are to be used.
- Develop, organize and facilitate policy surrounding creating the capacity to create, administer, and utilize assessments at the school level between the Project and the MoE.
- Contribute to the data analysis and report writing for the assessments.
- Monitor the budget and contribute to quarterly and annual report writing.
- Handle any other tasks as needed, including relations with the government of Malawi and USAID as directed by the Project COP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international education, non-formal and/or other alternative education approaches, basic education, teacher training, and/or social/behavioral sciences.
- At least two (2) years of technical experience in reading assessment development in a developing country context
- Experience coordinating reading assessments with scope and content similar to YESA.
- Technical ability to develop materials to support effective capacity building in reading assessments at multiple levels in the school system. Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with data visualization products and software, a plus.
- Experienced Malawian candidates are preferred and strongly encouraged to apply.
Positions are available only on the condition that the Contract is awarded to the firm.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb