Organization: CTG Global
Closing date: 10 Feb 2017
Vacancy reference no.:
Operations Officer / Quality Assurance & Control (ACQ) / Support to MINUSMA
Place of performance:
up to 6 months (@21.75days/month)
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
In Mali, our client supports the Action Service of the United Nations mine action program (UNMAS), which takes its principal resolution SCR 2227 (2015), to contribute to the following objectives, namely: (i) reduce the threat may incur MINUSMA and the UN staff by providing specialized training, equipment and supervision of fighting international engineering teams responsible for EOD and C-IED operations, and the awareness of the United Nations risks personnel. (ii) strengthen national capacities to mitigate the explosive threats through support advice and technical assistance to the Forces of Defence and Security of Mali (MSDS) and advisory support to the National Commission against the proliferation of small arms and small arms (CNLALPC), and (iii) improving the protection of civilians by supporting and affecting international demining operators in priority areas contaminated central and northern Mali for educational operations and risks pollution. UNMAS Mali is headquartered in Bamako and six (6) regional offices; Timbuktu, Gao, Kidal and Mopti, Tessalit, Menaka.
The Operations and Planning Officer will be working within the UNMAS Mali Joint Operations Center and will be responsible for the planning, coordination, facilitation and prioritization of all operational activities within the UMAS Mali program under the supervision of the Chief of Operations
Operations and Planning
• Assist in the conduct of desk assessment and on site assessments as part of the accreditation process
• Comprehensive general operational management of the Regional UMAS office in absence of the Regional Area Coordinator
• Depending on the role which this position will be assigned to within the project administration setup in a specific country/programme (i.e. office structure, DOAs, ATLAS functions, segregation of duties, etc.), the incumbent will have responsibilities determined by our clients rules and regulations embodied in its regulatory framework – Organizational Directives, Administrative Instructions and other documents as periodically issued and updated by our client. Reporting lines with regards to compliance with our clients rules and regulations are ultimately to Chief Mine Action Cluster through the respective Portfolio Manager. In addition, division of responsibilities when it comes to administrative processes in support of the programme objectives will be as determined for each country office and confirmed in writing by the Chief of Mine Action Cluster
• Other tasks as directed by the Programme Manager and Chief of Operations.
Coordinate, facilitate and prioritize all operational tasking and training throughout the UNMAS program in close coordination with the RAC and relevant Project Managers
• Custodian of the UNMAS Mali country operational plan in accordance with relevant project requirements as detailed by the project managers within the UNMAS Mali program
• Custodian of the UNMAS Mali task order and external quality assurance trackers
• Responsible for the review of weekly, monthly and program activity monitor before release to Program level
• Responsible for all aspects of mine action related activities carried out by staff under your supervision and control;
• Oversee and coordinate the implementation, execution and completion of all mine action related operations within the UNMAS Program in close coordination with the Chief of Operations
• Under the supervision of the Chief of Operations monitor the contracts with all mine action partners to ensure contractual conformity;
• The maintenance, revision and updating of the Standard Working Procedures related to the Joint Operations Center;
• Ensure close and effective interaction and coordination of the integral aspects of mine action, such as Mine Victim Support and Mine Risk Education.
• When requested, act as the Investigating Officer for Detailed Independent Investigations or Boards of Inquiry for Mine Action related Accidents or incidents;
• Debriefing the Mine Action organizations on QA achievements and QA assessments and ensure that all QA assessment data is captured through the regional QA trackers;
To the Programme Manager and Chief of Operations.
As determined by the Project Management
§ Master’s degree in relevant discipline and/or Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
§ Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Mine Action experience and/or minimum of 11 years of demonstrable relevant Military experience.
§ Minimum of 1 years of experience in Africa with local experience in Kidal is an advantage.
§ Fluency in French (essential) and English (desirable).
• At least 5 years’ experience in planning and coordinating Mine Action activities, specifically EOD tasks, weapons and ammunition management related tasks, C-IED related tasks, IEDD related tasks. Previous experience in planning and coordinating tasks related to Risk Education and/or Victim Assistance will be an advantage
• Thorough knowledge of International Mine Action Standards (IMAS)
• Hold an IMAS Level 3+ qualification (required)
• Proof of having worked in a hardship posting, previous experience of working in Mali would be an advantage
• Self-reliant, able to take sound decisions and work independently and ability to live in severe field conditions and to effectively work in a multicultural and stressful environment.
• Fluency in English, basic knowledge of French would be an advantage
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the objectives of the Organization Accountability.
Accountability: To comply with the Organization’s rules and procedures.
Ability to Plan and Organize: Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
Analytical skills: Strong ability to analyse information and work under pressure.
Communication: Speaks clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
Client Orientation: Consider all those to whom the insured services as “clients” and seeks to see things from their perspective. Establish and maintain productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.
Other relevant information:
Master’s Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience; or Military experience with a minimum of 11 years’ experience in the field of Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and/or Improvised Explosive Device Disposal (IEDD) (Military and/or civilian)
Driving Licence internationally recognized
Physically fit and healthy
How to apply:
Please apply via the following link: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a1124000001o1XG
Read more here:: ReliefWeb