Posted by: SV@Home
San Jose, CA, US
Request for Proposals
Marketing and Communication Specialist
Silicon Valley at Home (SV@Home) is a policy and advocacy nonprofit organization that works to increase the stock of affordable housing in Santa Clara County. Launched in July 2015, SV@Home’s mission is to drive the creation of affordable housing for a more vibrant and equitable Silicon Valley.
SV@Home operates as a startup nonprofit. We approach our work with enthusiasm, creativity, and a spirit of innovation. Each May, SV@Home and its partners organize and host Affordable Housing Week (AHW), a week-long series of events designed to shine a light on the County’s affordable housing crisis. During AHW2016, we collectively hosted 24 events that engaged close to a thousand Santa Clara County residents and workers.
We’re looking for a marketing and communication specialist who reflects our quirky nature and who can help us build upon last year’s success. This consultant will help SV@Home and the AHW Steering Committee map out a strategy to draw attention to key events held during AHW2017 which runs from May 12 to May 19.
- Policy Breakfast. A policy discussion with regional, State, and national leaders on the most pressing housing issues and promising solutions to address the crisis. We anticipate 270 members and partners to attend.
- Community Activation Event. A facilitated community stakeholder convening that serves as a culmination of a series of more intimate discussions centered on identifying various ways to activate a broader range of community members. We anticipate that 300 members and partners will attend.
- Forums on hot topics like Regional Planning, Homelessness, and Measure A Implementation.
- Mixer event
SV@Home is searching for a Marketing and Communication Specialist to provide marketing and communication support leading up to and during Affordable Housing Week. We anticipate the need for support for the following tasks:
- Earned media: Engaging reporters and editorial boards from community and regional news outlets (print, television, and radio) to promote and highlight Affordable Housing Week events.
- Social media management: Generating digital media content for Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms. Establish and monitor social media analytics and refine strategy based on goals.
- A creative and flexible marketing and communication specialist with fresh ideas and a track record of working with startup organizations.
- Prior experience creating a social and earned media strategy to promote events.
- A professional, responsive, and approachable demeanor.
$5,000 – $10,000
March to May
How to Apply
Firms or applicants interesting in submitting a proposal should do so by 5:00pm on Friday, February 24th. Proposals should include:
- A statement of qualifications highlighting past experience and outcomes achieved. Please include samples of collateral created for various event promotion
- A scope of work with milestones and activities.
- A budget
- Team biographies.
Please submit your proposals via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls will not be entertained.
Read more here:: Idealist