Organization: University Research Co.
Closing date: 22 Mar 2017
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief of Party will provide oversight over technical, financial, contractual, and administrative operations, including the grants under contract.
- Responsible for day-to-day technical and operations reporting.
- Supervise day-to-day project implementation and staff.
- With the COP, the DCOP will be responsible for ensuring that all technical assistance and project inputs are strategic, consistent and coordinated.
- Ensure project compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation and AIDAR, USAID Policies and USAID/Burma mission orders and Implementing Partner’s notices.
- Conduct due diligence to ensure that USG funds are not diverted from their development purpose outlined in the contract and are not vulnerable to corruption, extortion or otherwise benefitting malign groups.
- Responsible for project work planning and communications.
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in a relevant field such as public health, public administration, business administration;
- At least 9 years of experience in working in health system strengthening, health financing and governance, maternal and child, reproductive health, and family planning projects, as well as proven leadership and management skills experience to effectively and efficiently implement a project;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and organizational and relationship building skills
- Experience and skills in financial management and performance monitoring are desirable;
- Fluent in English and demonstrated excellent oral and written communication and representation skills;
- Knowledge of Burmese is desirable, but not required; and
- Experience in Myanmar, or the South East Asia region is desirable.
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb