Organization: University Research Co.
Closing date: 22 Mar 2017
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Senior Governance & Health Policy Advisor will provide strategic and technical support in the areas of health policy and governance to the national and provincial level project teams. Specifically, efforts will focus on improving governance, finance, human resources for health, and information components of the health system. The Governance Advisor provides technical leadership to strengthen the transparent use of resources and enable citizen engagement in planning and monitoring to produce results in health care at the national and local government authority levels
- Provide technical guidance, strategic advice and programmatic direction for the implementation of the program of work for promoting health governance, policy, planning and leadership;
- Support the informing and operationalizing of key strategies, policies and guidance for the strengthening of the health system, such as transition to universal health coverage, and on joint planning approaches with other implementation partners;
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to clients and counterparts, including host government leaders with guidance and technical assistance that enables them to understand policy options and strategies for improving health governance.
- Actively participate in project annual work planning, design, implementation, and reporting particularly related to governance activities designed to strengthen the health system.
- Work with Project teams to identify best practices and the conditions under which existing resources are most effectively used to improve performance of health systems;
- Provide advice on works with MoH, the private sector, non-government and community organizations and civil societies to mobilize coordination and harmonize support for health systems strengthening;
- Represent project at external technical events, including conferences, webinars and others events;
- Ensure the timely and quality completion of all relevant program deliverables and reporting.
- A Master’s degree in health financing, policy, health reform, management, public health or a related field; Doctoral Degree Preferred, may be substituted with significant professional experience;
- Experience working cross-sectorally and using lessons from macro governance and systems thinking to support health programs;
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies, policy standards, protocols and guidelines;
- Senior level experience in developing, managing and leading global health programs and strengthening institutions in developing countries;
- Significant experience working in the health sector in resource poor settings including an understanding and experience of health systems policy, planning and reform issues;
- Experience in applied public administration supporting decentralization and/or legislative reform efforts in Myanmar and/or South East Asia (including public management reform, intergovernmental relations, administrative systems change);
- Experience identifying practical approaches to applying governance improvement methodologies to the health sector, particularly those related to accountability and anti-corruption, management, institutional development, and policies;
- Experience providing clients and counterparts, including host government leaders, with guidance and technical assistance that enables them to understand policy options and strategies for improving health governance;
- Experience carrying out project-related health governance technical assistance and promoting the integration of governance, health financing and health systems operations.
- Ability to develop working relationships with counterparts in other agencies/organizations;
- Experience working in a multi-stakeholder consortium;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Strong English language skills, especially good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with the Myanmar Department of Health and Sports strongly desired.
- Prior experience working with USAID-funded programs preferred.
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb