Organization: University Research Co.
Closing date: 22 Mar 2017
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
Roles and Responsibilities
Senior Health Service Delivery / Clinical advisor will guide, provide technical assistance, and managerial leadership to support quality MNCH service delivery and clinical interventions.
- Responsible for project implementation that relates to facility and community level service delivery for a reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health services;
- Lead high-impact, reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health service delivery at different levels of care;
- Provide technical expertise in rational packaging of priority reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child and health service delivery across the health system and their integration in publicly funded programs and/or private insurance schemes.
- Lead the development and assessment of key inputs (including infrastructure and staffing standards) essential to delivery of reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child and health delivery services at different types of medical facilities; and
- Develop individual and institutional capacities (from curricula development to their implementation) in health system strengthening, quality improvement and continuous professional development in reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health service delivery fields.
- Advanced degree in medicine, public health or related social science with a focus on maternal, newborn, child health services;
- Demonstrated organizational and relationship building skills;
- Experience in developing policies, guidelines and strategies, especially those related to MNCH health;
- Clinical and service delivery skills and proven training skills in MNCH;
- Ability to develop working relationships with counterparts in other agencies/organizations;
- Experience working in a multi-stakeholder consortium;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience; and
- Strong English language skills, especially good oral and written communication skills.
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb