Organization: University Research Co.
Closing date: 22 Mar 2017
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Senior Maternal Health Advisor will provide strategic and technical support in the areas of Maternal, neonatal and child Health (MNCH) to the national and provincial level project teams.
- Ensure the implementation of MNCH activities, including coordination of technical assistance from international and national experts, and provide technical support to counterparts;
- Serve as a member of the project management team responsible for providing support to the Chief of Party on project decisions and provide input and feedback to finalize the annual workplan in the areas of MNCH;
- Provide leadership, management, and technical assistance in the development and use of technical policies and guidelines related to the improvement of MNCH;
- Provide strategic and technical support to the Ministry of Health in policy development and maternal health interventions;
- Provide technical leadership to increase access, use, quality, and integration of MNCH services;
- Actively participate in meetings of MNCH technical groups and represent project in professional fora making presentations and participating in meetings, conferences, and technical working groups;
- Monitor MNCH activities based on the monitoring and evaluation framework and assess whether the expected results were obtained;
- Provide regular reports to the DCOP and the programmatic and technical personnel, including successes, challenges, and lessons learned;
- Work closely with partners to plan activities and respond to requests to support local partners and USAID. Liaise with other organizations and projects working in MNCH;
- Promote and support the development and sharing of best practices and lessons learned with key stakeholders (MOH, technical and financial partners, and other employees); and
- Work with project technical team members to ensure that MNCH are integrated with the other technical areas.
- A Master’s degree in public health, medicine, management, or social science.
- 8 years of relevant public health experience working in developing countries on aspects of improving maternal, neonatal and child health care;
- Demonstrated organizational and relationship building skills;
- Experience in developing policies, guidelines and strategies, especially those related to MNCH;
- Experience with technical assistance to departments of the ministry in charge of family planning, including experience leading technical working groups for maternal health at the national level;
- Clinical skills and proven training skills in MNCH;
- Ability to develop working relationships with counterparts in other agencies / organizations;
- Experience working in a multi-stakeholder consortium;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience; and
- Strong English language skills, especially good oral and written communication skills.
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb