Organization: International Commission on Missing Persons
Closing date: 12 Mar 2017
The Communications Unit is responsible for the management and direction of the organization’s internal and external communications, including media relations, public relations and donor relations. The Unit is also responsible for the creation of ICMP publications, development of public outreach campaigns and management of events.
Reporting to the Director-General, the Head of the Communications Unit will:
- Develop and implement ICMP’s communications strategy;
- Manage and direct the Communications Unit;
- Coordinate all aspects of media relations, including managing press conferences, relationships with journalists, media outlets, and documentary filmmakers;
- Manage ICMP’s public relations events, and the ICMP website, newsletter, and social media platforms;
- Develop and produce a range of publications, including ICMP’s Annual Report;
- Develop and implement outreach campaigns on specific topics in coordination with country programs;
- Manage donor relations, grant applications, fundraising, and proposal and report writing;
- Manage media monitoring;
- Manage general writing, editing, copyediting;
- Undertake other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
University Degree in Communications, Public Relations or similar;
At least 10 years’ experience working in a press/communications office at an international organization, or similar;
Sound understanding of public policy, global events and politics;
Demonstrable experience in leading and motivating a diverse team;
Excellent writing and public speaking skills;
Excellent English language skills; proficiency in additional languages such as Arabic, French or Spanish is highly desirable;
In-depth understanding of media relations, communications and fundraising;
Proven experience in writing and proofreading documents such as press releases, promotional materials, proposals and reports;
Extensive knowledge of the global media landscape, including digital communications and social media;
Strong media contacts, with emphasis on international press agencies and media outlets;
Attention to detail, with the ability to meet deadlines and produce results;
Ability to travel to field locations, and willingness to go the extra mile;
Ability to adjust to new challenges, in a growing and evolving organization.
How to apply:
TO APPLY: Send a Curriculum Vitae with cover letter and writing sample by email to: email@example.com. Please state the vacancy number in the subject line.
ICMP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb