Organization: North Star Alliance
Closing date: 26 Feb 2017
North Star Alliance is seeking a dedicated International Fundraiser, who is very motivated to build connections with a diverse range of stakeholders, to develop new fundraising propositions and to reach out to (potential) partners for North Star Alliance.
Together with other colleagues in the African offices you work to raise funds for the programmes, clinics, operations and offices of North Star, following the priorities described in the strategic outlook 2017-2020. As a team player you easily build connections with a diverse range of stakeholders, including from a distance. You know how to connect with different people, how to reach out to (potential) partners, and have an eye for opportunities and detail. You are dedicated and have demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritise. You get passionate about the impact North Star has and can leverage bringing that across verbally and in writing.
The position is located in the Netherlands (Utrecht).
The Fundraiser’s main tasks will be:
- Assume responsibility with other fundraisers in the regional offices for the identification, outreach and successful engagement with new partners
- Bring in new sources of ongoing financial and non-financial (in-kind) support and donations
- Successfully develop new qualitative and innovative fundraising propositions, with input and support from other team members with well-defined result areas, measurable results, budgets and impact that are linked to and aligned with the mission and strategy
- Maintain relations, including reporting, with existing institutional donors (governments, multilateral agencies, corporates and foundations….)
- Coordinate both the internal as well as the external proposal writing process, including deadlines, completeness, accuracy and overall quality
- Native English speaker
- Academic degree in international business, social sciences, public health, communications or related studies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with a variety of audiences
- Excellent writing skills
- Track record in institutional acquisition/fundraising
- Experience in programme management
- A relevant network for fundraising
- 5-10 years of international work experience and cultural sensitivity
- 3-5 years of managerial experience
- Experience in public health
- Support the mission and vision of North Star
- Willingness to travel internationally frequently
- Only applicants with valid EU passport or pre-existing work permit will be considered
- The Fundraiser will report to the Executive Director.
- Dynamic international team and working environment.
- Opportunity for growth and personal development.
- Full-time position (36-40 hours) with initial appointment for one year and possibility of extension.
- Monthly gross salary (based on 40 hours) between EUR 3500 and 4500 depending on years of relevant experience.
- Secondary benefits, including employer’s social premium contribution, contribution to pension scheme, holiday allowance, holidays, travel allowance, if applicable.
How to apply:
In the recruitment and selection process, North Star Alliance is assisted by recruitment agency Aardoom & de Jong. For completeness: the selection process includes reference checks and may also include an assessment. Please submit your application via the ‘solliciteer’ button on the following website: http://www.aardoomendejong.nl/vacatures/vacature-international-fundraiser-3903050-11.html
We would like to receive your application including cover letter and CV before 26 February 2017
A van der Giessen
Read more here:: ReliefWeb