Organization: Population Services International
Closing date: 05 Mar 2017
CHIEF OF PARTY: PSI Pakistan
Asia & EE
Based in Karachi, Pakistan
Reports to the Regional Director
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
For over 30 years PSI has been implementing social marketing, social franchising and behavior change communication programs family planning and reproductive health, limited tuberculosis, with potential to grow programs to address other health areas. PSI works closely with its independent network member Greenstar Social Marketing (Greenstar). Greenstar was established in 1991 as a joint venture with PSI and has grown to the largest social franchise in the PSI network. PSI maintains an organic and sustained connection with Greenstar to maximize health impact through innovation and a culture of continuous improvement, made possible through its integration into an international network of social marketing organizations. Greenstar benefits from the PSI global network to promote life-saving products, services and communications to help the people of Pakistan lead healthier lives.
PSI seeks entrepreneurial, dynamic candidates with an interest in private sector approaches to development to join its growing team Pakistan as Chief of Party (COP) for its DFID funded, social marketing FP project. The project’s FP portfolio includes a comprehensive range of short-term and long-term methods socially marketed through private sector outlets, RH services through a strong franchise for private providers, and community based distribution through local NGOs. The project is in its fifth year and is expected to extend into a sixth year, while collaborating closely with DFID and other partners to develop a new business model for the next funding phase. As PSI’s COP, the position will be the face of PSI in Pakistan to funders, partners and local stakeholders, taking on leadership responsibilities as PSI registers and grows its team. This position will be based in Karachi, Pakistan, and report to the Regional Director.
Sound like you? Read on.
As the COP you will be responsible for:
Overall development, management (financial, administrative, and programmatic), and representation of PSI’s DFID-funded SM project
- Overseeing the management and implementation of a large FP project through multiple, local NGO partners;
- Providing overall oversight of the project to ensure effective and regular communications with donors, implementing partners, and government entities;
- Serving as the main point of contact/representation to DFID;
- Managing sub-contracts that PSI has signed with local implementing partners;
- Overseeing submission of high-quality reporting in line with donor and PSI requirements;
- Ensuring the effective use and coordination of donor resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with donor standards.
- Leading internal and external program planning and reporting including annual work planning with technical and implementing partners, including capacity building and technical assistance.
- Providing oversight of policy and technical guidance to implementing partners to ensure quality of service provision and alignment of priorities.
- Ensuring sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections and monitoring of payments.
- Liaising with PSI headquarters on all financial, administrative and programmatic matters;
- Supervising any in-country PSI employees and consultants, including their recruitment, capacity building and professional development; and
- Ensuring the safety and security of PSI staff and assets.
Facilitating developmental opportunities in-country
- Representing the interests of PSI with donors, partners, government and commercial entities;
- Managing PSI financial, legal and regulatory requirements within Pakistan, including issues surrounding PSI entity registration and any related tax issues, and oversight of internal controls and accountability mechanisms;
- Exploring and developing new business opportunities for PSI and its partners in Pakistan;
- Any other responsibilities as determined by PSI’s Regional Director for Asia.
What are we looking for?
- You have 4 to 7 years of experience working with complex and large-scale social marketing and social franchising networks.
- You have familiarity with DFID and the international donor community.
- You have social marketing and programmatic management experience.
- You have the ability to tap into a network for maximum results.
- You have an MBA, MPH, MD or other relevant degree.
- You have fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu.
- You must be politically aware, yet persistent and not adverse to conflict for pushing an agenda forward.
- You are committed to evidence-based decision making.
- Experience of working in the private sector would be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of PSI systems and procedures would be considered an advantage.
- References will be required.
What would get us excited?
The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; a strong interest in private sector approaches to development; and proven ability to produce results. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience leading innovative FP social marketing and behavior change communication campaigns.
- Level 6
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb