Organization: Internews Network
Closing date: 17 Mar 2017
Internews seeks a project director for a potential media development project focused on the South Caucasus. S/he will be responsible for overseeing programmatic and financial management of the project with support from Internews’ Europe and Eurasia team and administrative staff, ensuring that all program operations meet Internews’ quality standards and are carried out in accordance with relevant rules and regulations. S/he will coordinate capacity-building activities for local partners, oversee grants management, and seek out opportunities to collaborate with other projects implementing similar or related projects. Applicants based in Washington, DC, London, and Kyiv, Ukraine (where Internews maintains offices) will receive priority consideration.
Note: Hiring will be dependent upon receipt of funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Oversee a media development project focused on the South Caucasus, including tracking of budgets and frequent coordination with local partners.
- Organize and evaluate project activities related to local media development and access to information.
- Write and revise quarterly project reports, communications materials, and other project documentation in collaboration with Internews staff.
- Research and develop new partnerships and funding opportunities.
- Carry out research as necessary support of the ongoing project and new initiatives.
- Represent the organization at relevant conferences and events.
- Demonstrate commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ years experience in a management or programmatic role within international and or civil society development projects.
- Deep understanding of the media sector in the South Caucasus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments.
- Relevant university degree required.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Azeri highly preferred, proficiency in Russian a plus.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our Career Center.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb