Organization: International Committee of the Red Cross
Closing date: 15 Feb 2017
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Somalia Delegation in Nairobi implements the institution’s humanitarian activities in Somalia.
RE-ADVERTISEMENT: ADMINISTRATOR (2 POSITIONS)
The Administrator will be the overall responsible for the Finance and Administration and Human Resources for one sub-Delegation and its various sites (offices and antenna offices). S/He is based in the field (Somalia) with highly frequent travel within Somalia. S/He will implement and manage the respective Financial, Administrative and HR Policies and Procedures in line with the Delegation’s strategy. This is a resident (national) position. S/He will perform the following duties for the sub-delegation:
- Participate in the general finance and administration policy to support the operations and their evolution;
- Has a clear understanding of ICRC HR strategies and implementation both at HQ level and sub-delegation level and supports it actively;
- Ensures the implementation of a good organisation of the finance and administration units;
- Ensures that finance and administrative files are executed in the respect of given procedures and deadlines;
- Organise and supervise the office and residence (day to day administrative follow-ups);
- Supervises, coaches and evaluate staff working in the department;
- Follows up expenses related to administrative department;
- Is responsible for the administrative stock (furniture, working equipment, etc.), and ensure storage and dispatch of material is performed according to given log procedures;
- Maintains contact with external parties in the domain of Administration issues;
- Participates in negotiations of lease contracts;
- Contributes and proposes alternative solutions to improve existing structure (cost efficiency, employment conditions, finance and admin procedures… etc.);
- Manages recruitment processes;
- Ensures the communication flow on HR, finance and administration matters within the office;
- Receives new employees and orients them on HR related matters and guidelines; and
- Participates in the coordination meetings.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce, HR, Administration or similar fields;
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar field of activity;
- Fluent in written and spoken English (Knowledge of Somali is a strong bonus);
- Computer literate with very good knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Very good analytical and managerial skills;
- Very good communication and negotiation skills;
- Good knowledge of political, social and cultural assigned environment; and
- Ability and willingness to travel inside Somalia and to work in hardship areas.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application to the Head of Human Resources Department, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 15th February 2017. Applicants with fluency in the Somali language are strongly encouraged to apply. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
*Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.*
Read more here:: ReliefWeb