Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 13 Feb 2017
Emergency Logistics Coordinator – Somalia /Somaliland
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The post holder leads and manages the set-up of all logistics systems and manages logistics staff and assets. H/She will support the members of the senior management team on the best use of Save the Children’s resources. The role includes logistics support to the programmes and advisory support to logistics staff in field sites.
Contract Duration: 12 months
Location: Somalia /Somaliland
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree or masters in logistics or related field
- At least five (5) years of work experience as a logistician with an international NGO
- CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies) is an added advantage
- Prior NGO experience in logistics and Supply Chain Management, within a country programme and in humanitarian environments
- Substantial experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications, and security
- Experience of developing / implementing a complex supply chain to support different types of programmes, and coordinating resources to meet the programme objectives
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure and so an understanding of the needs of the field.
- Proven track-record in managing and supervising others in logistics, including training and capacity building
- Ability to analyse complex information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Experience of advising and supporting others at all levels with logistics aspects of a programme, including strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities and to delegate.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English and Somali, with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Technical experience/training in specific areas of logistics: procurement, stock management, Transport/distribution & Fleet management, Asset Management, communications and Security.
- Technical experience/knowledge in specific types of humanitarian intervention: Education, Child Protection, Food Security.
- Formal management training
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: ‘MKogi.email@example.com‘
Read more here:: ReliefWeb