Organization: International Committee of the Red Cross
Closing date: 15 Feb 2017
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC Somalia Delegation in Nairobi implements the institution’s humanitarian activities in Somalia.
FIRST AID FIELD OFFICER – GAROWE
The First Aid Field Officer (Somalia-based resident/national position) will be responsible for implementing First Aid programs and health activities in his/her assigned area of responsibility (AoR). He/she will be based in Garowe with frequent travel within his/her AoR. He/she will perform the following duties:
· Contributes to the set-up, design, implementation and monitoring of the First Aid program in line with the developed framework;
· Facilitates and provides First Aid training;
· Provides solutions to problems related to First Aid and health to the supervisors;
· Works in partnership with other members of the ICRC Health team in Somalia;
· Works in collaboration with Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) First Aid trainers during joint trainings;
· Monitors war wounded situations and provides assistance in areas of conflict in the assigned area;
· Requests orders for first aid supplies, monitors stocks and reorders stock in a timely manner;
· Assists in updating First Aid training data;
· Liaises and attends regular meetings with Health authorities and Humanitarian Organisations working in the medical and nutrition fields in the assigned area;
· Interprets and translates during meetings or of any medical related article/document when required;
· Follows up and reports on health emergencies in the assigned area;
· Develops a comprehensive list of the hospitals and facilities in the assigned area;
· Identifies and conducts needs assessment for support during emergencies;
· Develops and maintains a network of contacts and a list of interlocutors;
· Actively participates in the collection and analysis of statistical data in relation to the First Aid program;
· Provides written reports with recommendations of First Aid training programs.
· Minimum university degree in Medicine, Nursing or related discipline;
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar field of activity;
· First Aid knowledge with a valid First Aid certificate;
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite;
· Excellent interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills;
· Excellent command of written and spoken English;
· Ability to create a focused learning environment at all levels;
· Very good knowledge of political, social and cultural assigned environment.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application letter and curriculum vitae to the Head of Human Resources Department, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The Closing date is 15th February 2017. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
*Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.*
Read more here:: ReliefWeb