Organization: CTG Global
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
Vacancy reference no.:
Place of performance:
up to 10 months (@21.75days/month)
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The project manager is responsible to produce/read the project initiation documents (PID), Legal Agreement and have a thorough understanding of the terms, conditions, and the respective roles and responsibilities of the partners/stakeholders to ensure the project(s) products are capable of meeting the business cases for both our client and UNMAS. Success of the project(s) and hence Project Manager will be based on the Success Criteria of our client and UNMAS engagements which are linked to the below responsibilities. The project manager is responsible for all aspects of the project life cycle. S/he must be able to apply the below duties and responsibilities of the project success criteria
· Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), UNMAS and key stakeholders
· Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products
· Advise UNMAS on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance)
· Manage the information flows between the Project Board/OC Director and the project(s)
· Delivery and Performance:
· Develop and maintain project plans
· Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board
· Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
· Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary
· Liaise with any external suppliers or account managers
· Authorize Work Packages
· Advise the Project Board, Programme unit and Programme Director of any deviations from the plan
· Participate in coordination meetings with UN, Government as well as meeting with relevant stakeholders
· Identify and manage risks so that maximum benefit to UNMAS and stakeholders is achieved
· Manage and review product quality and ensure products are accepted
· Work with the Programme team on financial agreements and contribution agreements
· Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers
· Identify and report potential business opportunities for our client/UNMAS to supervisor
· Identify and report threats to our client/UNMAS internal business case to supervisor
· Participate in regular update meetings with our client/UNMAS portfolio managers to discuss progress, risks and issues that may emerge to ensure project stays on track
· Follow the Project Management Cycle Instructions and ensure that all organizational policy is complied with (Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions)
· Prepare/adapt the following plans for approval by the Project Board: I. Project Initiation Documentation; II. Stage/Exception Plans and relevant Product Descriptions
· Prepare the following reports:
a. Highlight Reports
b. End Stage Reports
c. Operational Closure Checklist
d. End Project Report
e. Handover Report
· Ensure that all expenditure comply with our clients Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR) and is coordinated with UNMAS to keep expenditure and deliverables on track.
· Manage budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
· Understand and manage our clients/UNMAS overheads, allocable charges, and related corporate charges as they apply to the project
· Understand the unique structures of the UN and budget appropriately for personnel
· Manage and remain accountable for expenditures against the budget (based on accurate financial reports)
· Where the Project Manager has no delegation as a committing officer, s/he retains these responsibilities and will monitor and instruct/request others to carry out the relevant commitments and disbursements.
· Participate in the relevant Communities of Practice
· Actively interact with other PMs and the PM community to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System.
· Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of our clients policies in coordination with UNMAS based on the learning from project deliverables
· Complete lessons learned as per reporting format
· Incorporate lessons learned from others as per planning format
· Lead and motivate the project management team
· Ensure that behavioural expectations of team members are established
· Ensure that performance reviews are conducted
· Identify outstanding staff and bring them to the attention of the management
· Have a thorough understanding of our clients personnel contract modalities (including ICA and Staff)
· Select, recruit and train team as required by project plans
· Perform the Team Manager role, unless appointed to another person(s)
· Perform Project Support role, unless appointed to another person or corporate/programme function
· Ensure safety and security for all personnel and comply with UNDSS standards.
§ Master’s degree in Business Admin.
§ Minimum of 7 years of demonstrable relevant Military experience.
§ Minimum of 2 years of experience in Africa with local experience in Mogadishu is an advantage.
§ Fluency in English is essential.
· Judgement & Decision making:
· Planning&Organization: Accountability:
· Client orientation:
Other relevant information:
Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in business administration, project management or related field or senior staff qualification; or first level university degree or military/police College or junior command and staff course combined with relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Military qualifications on staff level with relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of above academic qualifications;
At least 7 years’ experience in operations management (military or humanitarian mine action), with at least 2 years proven and applicable experience in management of operations in humanitarian mine action operational;
A relevant combination of academic credentials and/or industry certifications and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university education.
How to apply:
Please apply via the following link https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a1124000001o28Y
Read more here:: ReliefWeb