Organization: CTG Global
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
Vacancy reference no.:
Stabilisation Advisor – Monitoring and Information Management
Place of performance:
up to 10 months (@22days/month)
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
In August 2014, the UK Government made available a grant to our client for the purpose of supporting a program in Somalia, with the capacity to deliver in the short term on its mandate to coordinate early recovery efforts aligned to the Federal Government’s stabilisation strategy, and to help facilitate the international community’s efforts to help stabilize newly recovered areas of south-central Somalia. Project implementation in the coming period will include focussing on continued support to the federal government implementation of its stabilisation strategy across south-central Somalia. In support of this phase of project implementation, our client now seeks to engage an international consultant to advise the team leader on the development information management and monitoring approaches by which stabilisation progress and impact can be systematically tracked and analysed in terms of underlying political, security and economic processes.
Working under the direction of the Team Leader, and in close cooperation with federal government and as applicable with state counterparts and stabilization stakeholders, the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
· Support UNSOM CRESTA/A team to assist the Ministry of Interior to conduct capacity assessment and lessons learnt review to identify steps to be taken by the Ministry with both State counterparts and international partners to enhance Somali institutional capacities and align policy and activities around stabilisation efforts in south-central Somalia.
· Linked to aforementioned capacity assessment, identify measures to strengthen stabilization coordination mechanisms and related monitoring and evaluation structures and support internal alignment of UNSOM CRESTA/A team coordination approaches to compliment Somali structures.
· Assist in the implementation of the UNSOM CRESTA/A team’s stabilisation information management system including collation of material from key partners and recommend means by which improvements could be made.
· Support roll out of UNSOM CRESTA/A framework for stability-related indicators for districts in south-central Somalia in conjunction with Ministry of Interior counterparts
· As per the objectives.
· Line Management and reporting
· The consultant will work within our client’s team, reporting to the Team Leader.
· This role does not have team management responsibility.
§ Master’s degree in Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent field experience. and/or Bachelor’s degree in Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent field experience..
§ Minimum of 10 years of demonstrable relevant Crisis Management experience.
§ Minimum of 10 years of experience in Africa with local experience in Mogadishu-Somalia is an advantage.
§ Fluency in English is essential.
· At least 10 years’ stabilisation related experience in fragile and conflict affected states, in particular in the Horn of Africa.
· Stabilisation programme design.
· Stability related information acquisition and development.
· Knowledge of monitoring, verification and evaluation frameworks in militarised stabilisation environments.
· Experience of operating in insecure and militarised environments.
Other relevant information:
To be advised.
How to apply:
Please apply via the following link https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a1124000001o255
Read more here:: ReliefWeb