Organization: World Vision
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 22 Feb 2017
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1950, World Vision International operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
The scope of the organization is world-wide. Its ministries are varied depending on the needs and contexts of the respective countries in which it operates. For more information on the history of World Vision, please visit the website on www.wvi.org
LOCATION: Northern Syria, AZAZ
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Communications Assistant will support the World Vision Turkey / Northern Syria (WVT/NS) communication department providing raw visual (videos, photos) and written materials from within Syria and send it to the communications officer in order to raise the profile of WVT/NS internally and externally.
· Collect media materials, (Videos, Photos and stories) as required by the communication officer.
· Support the implementation of WV’s local visibility guidelines, and suggest ways to enhance WV’s visibility effectively in Syria under the guidance of the Communications officer.
· Provide support collecting feedback about distributed IEC materials in order to enhance the quality of it to be more accepted by the beneficiaries
· Keep the communication officer updated on the movement in the field, gathering news related to WV’s operational areas.
· Manage WV’s internal photo library; uploading captured materials and filtering materials collected by other staff.
· Proactively collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions and channels for WV’s communications.
· Provide support to any media visitors and make sure the collected materials is within WV’s policies.
II. Information Management:
· Monitor major media streams for humanitarian, socio-economic and development. Produce a bi-weekly media monitoring summary in Arabic with sources.
· Support event planning and implementation
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
· High school certificate is essential / University degree is preferrred
· Following instructions to the letter, paying attention to the little details.
· Willingness to participate in capacity building
· Ability to work within and across teams and with field staff and stakeholders (beneficiaries, ; resourceful and innovative;
· Proven ability to make effective media products.
· Proficiency in the use of technology and software (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Professional, Google Products);
· Basic photography and videography skills (able to compose a shot, interest in developing photography skills);
· initiatives, and implement learnings on-the-job
· Willingness to assume duties and responsibilities in all communications areas, as needed;
· Pro-active and able to multi-task Essential
· Ability to speak English
· At least 1 year of experience in doing communications and media work, preferably with an NGO;
· Multimedia skills such as taking photos and filming.
· Experience or knowledge of copywriting and/or copyediting. Preferred
· Full adherence to World Vision International – Turkey Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
· Full Adherence to security protocols
How to apply:
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV in English addressing relevant qualifications and experience to email@example.com e-mail. (Please ensure that CV includes names and contact details of at least 3 referees/references).
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 22 February 2017. Applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb