Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 21 Feb 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Business impacts on children’s rights in a significant way and therefore UNICEF Thailand aims to place children’s rights at the centre of the business agenda for social responsibility and sustainability.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Representative, the incumbent will develop, manage and evaluate non-financial partnerships with the corporate community in support of UNICEF’s mission, objectives and programme in the country, setting child rights agenda in policy and advocacy development related to business sector and enhance the organisation’s credibility and brand as a technical expert in the area of child rights and responsible business. The incumbent is also expected to provide technical inputs in line with UNICEF’s strategic Framework on CSR/Children’s Rights and BusinessPrinciple (CRBP) and manage programmatic alliances with the national CSR related agencies including business industry champions and companies, Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) and Chambers of Commerce in Thailand.
1. Lead the implementation of Strategic Framework on CSR and Advocacy; also provide technical Inputs: in line with UNICEF’s Strategic Framework on CSR and promote implementation of the Child Rights and Business Principles and tools: Advocacy with Government of Thailand, industry bodies, business industry associations and national think tanks on CSR/ Business Responsibility. Providing technical inputs to and managing strategic alliances with the SET and other technical partnerships including capacity building.
2. Provide Advocacy and technical support to Government and Civil Society Organisations: Support main governmental partners (in particular Ministry of Social Development and Human Security and Ministry of Tourism) and civil society partners of UNICEF country programme in interacting with the private sector to ensure that children’s rights are protected, in line with the CRC General Comment 16 on State obligations regarding the impact of the business sector on children’s rights and the recommendation of the Committee on the Rights of the Child in its latest concluding observations. Provide technical inputs and liaise with National Human Rights Commission and Ministry of Justice on integration of child rights issues in the National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights.
3. Develop strategies / intervention on CSR to increase an engagement/ participation of government, companies and partners. Build and cultivate Corporate Relations/ Partnerships Management: Identifying and scoping potential corporate partners in line with the Thailand Country Office programme priorities and section needs and developing MOUs and programme concept notes with inputs from the relevant sections. Effective and timely professional management of corporate partnerships and relations with potential, existing and past corporate partners. Build capacity of corporate partners in Children’s Rights and Business Principles including innovative approaches to supporting child rights among business operations.
4. Update, implement, and monitor the Thailand CSR/CRBP Strategy as a main advocacy tool towards achieving programmatic results, annual workplan, periodic updates and other documentation as needed: Ensure that the elaboration of strategy paper and annual work plan is timely executed and followed up to support country programme priorities, regional and global directives. Act as a CSR/CRBP focal point in the office including documentation and institutional memory.
5. Work closely with programme sections in particular education, child protection and adolescents to support the partnership with the private sector in implementing their programmatic activities.
6. Manage the related programme output including planning, budget, disbursement of funds to partners, related supply, reporting and other management tasks.
7. Document and share best practices on CSR among relevant colleagues.
8. Provide support in other related tasks; such as internal training, participation to the integrated corporate team meetings, etc.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
** A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. **
Competencies of Successful Candidate
To view our competency framework, please clickhere.
Successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package under the UN system.
Please send application no later than21 February 2017.
All UN including UNICEF candidates need to send an application letter together with Personal History (P-11) and Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs) of the last two years.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=502845
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT