Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 20 Feb 2017
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 01/2017
Position Title: Field Assistant (Protection)
Post Level: Equivalent to GS-4
Post No.: –
Report To: Protection Officer
Section: Protection Unit
Duty Station: Mae Sot, Thailand
Contractual Status: Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement: 07 February 2017
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement: 20 February 2017
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
Scope of Assignment
- Undertake regular field trips to strengthen relationships with persons of concern and the network of partners and stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment and provide advice to the Protection team.
- Understand the perspectives, capacities, needs and resources of the persons of concern and advise the Protection team accordingly, highlighting the specific protection needs of women and men, children, youth and older persons, persons with disabilities, marginalized groups.
- Support implementing and operational partners to develop refugee community-owned activities to address the social, educational, psycho-social, cultural, health, organisational and livelihood concerns as well as child protection and prevention and response to SGBV.
- Perform as UNHCR Mae Sot focal point on SGBV prevention and response interventions.
- Support participatory assessments and ongoing consultation with refugees.
- Identify individuals or groups for counselling and field visits based on agreed criteria.
- Coordinate with partners to ensure SGBV survivors receive adequate response.
- Keep good contacts with local authorities and partners as requested by supervisor.
- Assist in ensuring compliance of implementing partners with global protection policies and standards of professional integrity in the delivery of protection services.
- Collect data for monitoring of programmes from an AGD perspective.
- Prepare statistical reports to ensure accurate information is available.
- Draft routine correspondence, documents and reports.
- Support interpretation in exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Thai national is preferable.
Completion of secondary education is the minimum requirement. University courses or degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
Minimum two years experience with refugees and or in related field.
Knowledge of computer and use of various computer software packages, i.e. MS Word, Excel, Access.
Knowledge of ProGres and completion of UNHCR specific learning/training activities would be advantage.
Good knowledge of written and spoken English and Thai.
Knowledge of Karen and Burmese is an asset.
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Change Capability and Adaptability
- Innovation and Creativity
- Political Awareness
How to apply:
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
P.11 form can be downloaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT